Season 2 chapter 4

Rudues pov

It took one month to finish our negotiations with the smugglers. It wasn't all that difficult to find the smugglers. First offer money to an information broker, and get introduced to a middle man. Then, contact the smugglers through the middle man.

And finally, wait for a response from the middle man. It then becomes a process of repeating these steps over and over again. Hand over money to the information broker, hand over money to the middle man, and hand over money to the smuggler.

In no time, more than half of the money we had on hand had disappeared. My wallet is light. Same with Y/N's, who was rather annoyed with this idea I want to believe that we will have enough money to at least pay for an inn on the other side of the ocean.

Honestly, I feel like we could've gotten a cheaper deal if we had approached the smugglers directly. However, it seems like the smugglers move together as an organization. If you don't go through the middle man then you can't make contact.

It seems to be an intelligent way to avoid being exposed. I don't completely understand their structure, but it seems they do get around well. Finishing all the preparations took one month. Which made the month feel both long and short. But either way it's fine.

On the specified day. Late at night. When the moon wasn't out. The specified place is a certain pier near the end of the port. The surroundings are eerily quiet, and only the sound of the waves can be heard.

There was a person there with a suspicious hood covering their face and a small boat. Just as we had arranged, we will hand over the person we want smuggled in over to him. We handed Ruijerd to the smuggler. 

However, this seemed to annoy Y/N greatly, as if he didn't trust them. Just as it was specified, Ruijerd was handcuffed behind his back. These handcuffs were purchased at the specified tool shop as well.

???: "......"

In the case of the smugglers, all the people they transport are literally treated as slaves. The amount of money it costs to transport a slave is 5 small green coins. A uniform price.

This money had already been paid. But according to the middle man there are also some guys who request payment during the exchange. We had to stop Y/N from attacking the guy, god Y/N was hard to pin down. No good misers.

Rudeus: "Well then, please take good care of things."

???: "......"

Y/N: "If anything happens to him"

Y/N glared at the smuggler The smuggler didn't say a single thing. Just nodded silently, placed Ruijerd on the small boat, and put a sack over his head. The small boat had just a single boatman.

But on board, there were a number of heads with sacks covering them.

However, judging from their size, none of them should be children. I didn't notice Y/N blankly stare at the other bodies. The sound of flesh being cut was heard and I saw Y/N with a bleeding hand. No-one else noticed and I wondered why. I'll ask him later

After confirming that Ruijerd had boarded the boat, the smuggler gave a signal. The man sitting in the front of the boat started a magic incantation. Then the small boat took off into the ocean in the pitch black night without making any sounds.

I couldn't hear the incantation very well, but it seemed like it was water magic that controlled the currents and moved the boat forward. If that's the case then I should be able to do it as well. The small ship stopped in the open sea for a bit and then moved to a larger merchant ship.