𝟎𝟎𝟔. TELL ME HOW YOU REALLY FEEL

⊱❀⊰ 

⊱❀⊰ 

      THE MOMENT she walked into the room, Draco tensed.

      He could smell her perfume from across the room, his nostrils flaring as the tropical scent flooded his nose. She walked dreadfully slow, her steps hesitant as she entered the potions classroom, no doubt wondering where the hell Professor Snape was.

      Draco kept his gaze trained on his potitions book, though his eyes were sliding over the same paragraph over and over again until, finally, Topaz set her things down on the table next to him.

      "Where's Snape?" she asked, the deep tones of her voice grating against his ears.

      He ran his tongue over his lips, refusing the urge to look at her as she sat next to him. "Don't know," he muttered with a huff as he tugged at his sweater, wishing now that he had opted for his button-down. He thought the dungeons would be cooler at this time of night, but for some reason, his body seemed to be overheating.

      "You're late."

      Topaz scoffed. "Looks like it doesn't even matter considering Snape isn't here."

      Draco swiveled in his seat to peer at the door as if Snape was going to burst into the classroom at any moment. Topaz was busy spreading out her materials as Draco rapped his foot against the stone floor, his tongue poking his cheek.

      "Stop fidgeting and gather our materials," she snapped, her brows furrowed.

      Draco ignored her, his knee still bouncing rapidly. "We can't very well fiddle around with potions without adult supervision, can we?" he barked with an eye roll.

      Topaz scoffed. "When did you become such a stickler for the rules?" she mused as she continued preparing her things. When Draco still didn't budge, she let out a sharp breath and did something Draco never expected her to do.

      Her hand fell upon his knee, her touch as light as a plush feather as she gently pushed on his knee to stop his incessant tapping. Draco's lips parted in surprise, his breath catching in his throat as she gave his knee the gentlest of squeezes. Shock ripped through him and he couldn't stop himself from looking at her. It was supposed to be a quick glance, but his eyes lingered. They trailed down the gentle slope of her nose. They roved across the curve of her lips, watching as they formed around words that fell on deaf ears.

      Draco shifted, his eyes counting the freckles beneath her eyes until, finally, he met her gaze. She stared at him, her lips parted, her dark brows ever-so-slightly furrowed until that little crease formed between them.

      His spine stiffened as he forced himself to look away. He closed the gap between his thighs, fighting the shiver that crept up his spine as her hand dragged away from his knee. "We might as well leave." Saying nothing about her touch, he flipped his book shut and began packing up his station as Topaz sat there in silence, her eyes still locked on his face, her features drawn in that puzzled expression. His knee still tingled from her touch and he tried very hard to ignore it.