bruce yamada-baseball boy

description: you've had a crush on bruce for a couple months now and donna asks you your type around bruce.

it's wednesday morning and i'm walking to school. i know i'm supposed to be somewhat happy about it being the middle of the week and stuff but personally i don't like wednesday's. as i'm walking i hear boys laughing and punching and kicking sounds and as i round the corner i see finney blake being beat up by a bunch of douchebags.

"hey get away from him!" i yell at them, coming to the scene. the boys look up and away from finney who's on the ground, curled up slightly. "what are you gonna do about it?" the red head asks me, smirking.

i smile sweetly. "oh..i don't know...what about-this?" i ask and punch him in the nose. his nose starts to bleed a lot and the other boys' eyes widen. they start to speedwalk away and drag their bleeding friend along.

i hold out my hand for finney to use to stand up. he takes it and pulls himself up. "hey are you okay?" i ask him, looking at him to see if they did a lot of damage. "yeah i guess so." he smiles a bit. "why'd you do that?" he asks as we start walking again.

"because i hate those assholes." i reply, shrugging. "you're too nice of a person for them to bully." i add on. he smiles.

we get to school and go to our first class together. we have a similar schedule. i say a quick bye and sit next to donna, who i'm assigned to sit next to. finney and bruce yamada (my crush) are sitting behind us.

donna smiles at me says hello and we end up talking. the teacher is late because she always wants to get coffee from a café on wednesday's.

"so y/n, what's your type?" donna asks me. the boys behind me go quiet and i can tell their listening. i blush and decide to go with something that is a wide variety. "um...i like baseball boys." i smile a bit.

she grins at me. "so like, finney?" she whispers the name because he's so close. "well yeah i guess. he's a baseball boy so sure." i say nervously. she smiles.

i get nervous that bruce or finney heard so i try and think of something else but only bruce pops into my mind. eventually the teacher gets here and class starts.

the rest of the day goes by and me and finney get closer in each class. he's a really nice guy but no one i would like. eventually it's the end of the day and i'm walking home with finney.

"so finney, is there anyone you like?" i ask him. he blushes a bit. "yeah, i've got my eye on someone." he smiles at me. my eyes gleam. "really? who?" i ask him, smiling. "donna." he mumbles.

"aw! i really see you two together!" i say, grinning at the thought of donna and finney. he smiles. "really?" he asks hopeful. "of course!" i reply.

TIMESKIP

it's the next day and today is a saturday. finney told me that he didn't have a game today but bruce did and because he's friends with bruce he was gonna go and invited me to come with.

how could i say no to seeing my crush play baseball? we get to the baseball field. luckily is was a home game so i didn't have to go far. me and finney sit in the bleachers and watch the end of their warmups.

i see bruce at the end of the warmup line and he looks towards the bleachers, probably looking for finney. i quickly look away so he doesn't see me staring at him.

the game starts and bruce is pitching. he strikes out the first guy and the second one got out on a fly ball. the guy batting right now has two strikes and one ball. people are cheering so i decided it wouldn't be weird to do so as well.

"go bruce!" i yell, smiling and standing up. bruce's eyes shift to me and he smiles at me. i'm sure i'm blushing like an idiot right now and finney cheers for bruce as well.

bruce throws the final pitch and strikes the guy out. the boys start running in to the dugout to switch innings. the first guy goes up and gets ready to bat and the guy after him goes to the side of the dugout to practice.

we're closest to bruce's dugout and all of the sudden i hear a name call out finney's name. finney gets up and walks toward the guy who yelled his name. i decide to follow because i don't know anyone else here. it turns out it was bruce who called out finney's name.

"hey finney! thanks for coming!" he smiles at finney and i approach them. "oh hey y/n!" he smiles at me. i blush slightly at him calling my name. "hey bruce." i smile warmly at him. after a little bit of conversation, bruce asks me and finney a question.

"so, are you two a thing or no?" bruce asks, genuinely curious. me and finney look at each other and then back to bruce. i giggle a bit. "no we're not. just friends." finney smiles. bruce smiles widely. "gotcha." bruce says.

"yamada! you're on deck." bruce's coach says. bruce smiles at us. "see you guys after the game?" he asks, backing up to get his helmet and bat. "yep." me and finney say and head back to the bleachers.

TIMESKIP

it's two strikes and three balls, a full count for bruce right now. it's the ninth inning and this could potentially be for the win. "come on bruce you got this!" i yell, cupping my hands around my mouth. finney gets up and starts cheering too.

the pitcher throws the ball and bruce swings as hard as he can and the ball makes a nice crack against the bat and soars up and out of the field.

i start cheering loudly, finney following in suit. "yeah bruce!" i yell, smiling. he reaches home plate and when he steps on it he's smiling at me.

once bruce comes out of the dugout a lot of people have already left. "hey bruce! nice game!" i say, smiling at him. "thanks y/n." he smiles, standing next to me to face finney.

"great job bruce. well, i gotta go. i'll see you guys later?" finney asks, making his way away from me. "yep! later finn!" i smile at him. bruce says a goodbye and then turns to face me.

everyone has left and it's just me and bruce left. "thanks again for coming y/n." he smiles down at me. "yeah, no problem." i reply, smiling softly at him. he stares into my eyes and i do the same back.

"hey y/n...can i-kiss you?" he asks, inching closer to me. i just nod, not believing what's happening. he softly cups my face and placed his lips on mine. his lips are really soft and it feels like puzzle-pieces finally fitting together.

we pull apart and he smiles at me. "y'know y/n, i've liked for you a long time." he smiles. i raise my eyebrows. "really?" i ask him. "yeah. and when i heard that you liked baseball boys i was super happy." he laughs.

"well, i like you too bruce. and i have for a long time as well." i smile up at him. "c'mon, let's go back to my house." he smiles at me, placing his hand on my waist and guiding me away from the field.

i rest my head against him and we go to his house.

(1,309 words)

A/N
this one is super long and i didn't even
notice it
i love this one and if u don't i'm rlly sad 😭