vance hopper- wildflower

description: based on wildflower by billie eilish!

basically you're dating vance, but you're feeling conflicted because you keep hearing about how vance and his ex girlfriend were the "perfect couple." you struggle with this because vance isn't the type of person to talk about feelings.

i lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling because what else am i supposed to do? every time i try and see or talk to my boyfriend vance, i think about it.

how vance and laila were so perfect for each other-at least according to everyone else. laila and i used to be close friends while they were dating and once they broke up in april, i was there for her. that was until rumors about vance liking me started spreading sometime in july.

when vance and laila broke up it was because they both lost feelings, but that didn't stop laila from coming to my house and crying on my shoulder about it. all i could do was comfort her while trying to keep my feelings for vance at bay for her. it made us closer until those rumors came around and when i couldn't deny the fact that i would be happy about it being true, she left. we'll see each other in the halls and smile weakly, but that's about it.

i've told vance about before, and he just keeps reminding me that he loves me-which to be honest, is rare. i should put it all behind me.

a knock on the door breaks me from my never ending thoughts. i stand up and open up my door to my bedroom to reveal vance.

"hey y/n/n." he smiles, immediately pulling me into him and pressing a kiss to my lips. i kiss him back, and we go to my bed. i lay back down in the spot i was in.

as we talk to each other, there's a question in the back of my mind that i want to ask. who was better? of course, i'm not going to ask that. laila is so different than me. she was so happy and loved by all, much unlike me. she has a multitude of friends while i only have a few. things like that keep me awake at night.

i glance at vance, who's talking about how he was about to beat his high score on pinball until a kid bumped into the machine, causing him to lose.

i see her in the back of my mind every time i look at him. vance must've felt my stare. his eyebrows furrow as i stare his way.

"you alright there doll?" he asks. my mouth forms a thin line as a sigh escapes my lips.

"did laila know you well? like very well?" i ask eventually. his eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"no one knows me so well, doll." vance replies. i sit up and look at him. he touches my shoulder and my mind races.

i wonder how she felt whenever he touched her.

i think about valentine's day when they were about to get together. he sent her flowers even after he said he would spend the day with me for once. i know he didn't mean to hurt me so i kept it to myself.

"do you see her in me? when you're with me, do you think of her?" i ask, not meeting his eyes. i honestly feel hurt that i even have to ask this, but this happens all the time. i overthink.

"what? no, i don't. i love you for you. i know it's hard to think about when people keep talking shit into your ear about how me and laila were 'perfect' even though we weren't. we fought almost everyday. with you, i barely even have the urge to get angry. what did i do to make you think this?" vance replies.

i shake my head. "nothing, it was just me. i should've just kept it to myself." i say, looking out my window.

i feel a strong pair of arms wrap around me, pulling me into him. this is nothing like him.

"i love you babydoll, don't ever forget that." vance mumbles against my hair. i smile softly and look up, meeting his eyes.

he leans down and presses a soft kiss to my lips. eventually we pull apart.

"okay, but don't expect this kind of treatment everyday. i'll give you other forms of princess treatment instead." vance chuckles. i laugh.

"i can settle for that." i smile.

(757 words)
A/N:
lowkey don't know how to feel abt this one! BUT THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVE!!!
listen to HIT ME HARD AND SOFT 😋