jacob moran-hockey game

description: you go to your friend's boyfriend's hockey game, not knowing that jacob, a boy you don't normally get along with is on his team

ALSO CAN YALL PRETTY PLEASE REQUEST SOME STUFF I PROMISE IT WILL MAKE ME MORE CONSISTENT

(also, guess who got tickets to the hit me hard and soft tour🤭🤭)

today i have to go to lillie's boyfriend's hockey game with her so that she isn't in the stands alone. apparently last time there were a lot of really weird guys around her and she felt uncomfortable so she wanted to bring me just in case.

i finish applying my lipgloss as i hear a car honk from outside my house. i quickly put the makeup away and run down the steps, grabbing my house keys and shoving them into my purse as i go.

i slip on my uggs (whatever ones u like, and if u don't like uggs u can think of other comfy shoes!) and run outside my house, immediately smiling when i see lillie in her car.

i run around to the passenger's seat and hop in the car. "hey y/n!" lillie greets me as i strap myself in with the seatbelt. as soon as i'm done she starts driving toward the stadium where today's hockey game is.

"hey." i greet her once settled in.

"thanks again for going to this with me. i know you don't really watch hockey and all, but it still means a lot." lillie smiles at me.

"yeah, of course. plus, even if i find it boring for whatever reason, i can always try and scope out a hot guy." i reply, grinning. lillie laughs as she nods and drums her fingers on the steering wheel.

we reach the stadium as ARE WE STILL FRIENDS? by Tyler, The Creator ends. lillie turns off the engine and opens the door, the car turning off in the process. i step out with her and we walk side by side into the place.

once we walk in i'm hit by a wave of slightly cold air. not surprising, of course, since hockey is on ice. we find seats near the glass walls on lillie's boyfriend's side.

we sit down and wait for the game to start, looking at our phones and showing each other random things we find funny every once in a while as people file into the stadium.

soon, the game is about to start and the teams skate back into their (i'm js gonna say dugout even tho i don't think it is one bc i don't rlly know much abt hockey) dugout and sit on the bench while the coach does a little hype up speech.

after about five minutes the players skate onto the rink and get into their positions. i look at the back of the jerseys at the last names. lillie's boyfriend is named ethan campbell so i find his last name somewhat quickly.

i look at the jerseys and suddenly my eyes catch on one last name. moran. lillie didn't tell me that the guy that i cannot stand most of the time is playing on the same exact team as her boyfriend.

"lillie, did you know that jacob moran plays with ethan?" i ask her in the lowest voice i can muster in the stadium that's filled with chatter.

"oh! shoot i forgot. well, yeah i knew, but that's not that big of a problem, right? it's not like you have to talk to him!" lillie says, defending herself a bit.

"i know, i know, but what if he thinks i'm here for him?" i ask, fidgeting with the rings on my fingers.

"i doubt he'll think that. trust me, you'll be fine." lillie reassures me. i nod my head and look back toward the game which had now started.

about 15 minutes into the game (help idk how long these are 😭) i make eye contact with a guy on the opposing team for the fourth time. i guess from some angles he's kinda fine, but he lowkey gives me the creeps.

my eyes unintentionally shift over to jacob's team and then i lock eyes with the one and only jacob moran. he follows my gaze to the guy on the other team and i could swear i saw his jaw tense.

TIMESKIP

it's almost the end of the game and jacob as been really aggressive towards the other team the whole time. especially towards the one guy i keep making eye contact with.

i see them skating right next to each other and the guy on the opposing team says something to jacob and smirks. this apparently sets something off in jacob as he throws down his stick and lunges at the guy.

my eyes widen as i stand to get a view of what's going on. i can't see much since the players are all crowding around them and the refs are blowing their whistles trying to separate them.

jacob is pulled off the now battered and bruised guy.

once the game ends lillie meets up with ethan who happens to be walking with jacob. i catch up to him since he leaves ethan and lillie alone to talk to one another.

"jacob, what the hell was that?" i ask him once i've caught up to him. jacob glances down at me.

"what was what?" jacob replies, nonchalantly.

"you know what i'm talking about! why did you randomly start beating up that guy? i mean, i always knew you were a low-lifer, but that's bad even for you." i reply, crossing my arms over my chest.

jacob's jaw locks and he glares at me.

"well excuse me for fighting that guy! i was defending you y/n! he was saying nasty shit about you, and what else was i supposed to do?" jacob asks, narrowing his eyes at me.

i pause. "what? why would you defend me? don't you hate me or something?" i ask, raising a brow.

jacob exhales sharply. "no, i don't hate you! in fact, it kinda the opposite. i know i'm really bad at showing it, but i like you y/n. more than you know. and i was defending because i care about you!" jacob bursts.

my eyes widen as i take in his words. jacob sighs and runs a hand through his hair, mumbling something about why he shouldn't have said that.

i try and find words to fit the moment, but i can't so instead i stop him in his tracks. his hazel eyes meet mine. i lean up and press my lips against his and his hands immediately find my hips as he kisses back.

once we pull apart i whisper, "thanks for defending me." he smiles at me for the first time. "i'd do anything for you, you know that?" he replies.

i smile and as im about to reply i hear lillie and ethan cheering. our heads turn to the couple.

"i told you it would work, ethan!" lillie exclaims, high-fiving him. i shake my head, laughing as we continue walking away from the stadium, jacob's hand firmly on my waist.

i should start going to more hockey games.

(1,190 words)
A/N:
this one lowkey ate im not gonna lie
OK HOPE U HAD THE BEST DAY POOKIES!