CH. 5 - A Close Fate

3rd-person POV

Upon arriving to the ocean monument Fit lead the others to, with last double-checks on the necessary items and armour, including a sudden jumpscare of the mining fatigue effect, they dipped into the water one by one, with Frop being the second to last one to dive in. Phil had to watch over it in case it might get in trouble.

Whoever was watching over it was a consistent change. First, it was Phil who guided it through a bit, demonstrating ways to protect itself from the infinite-spawning guardians and showing spots to put doors for breathing pockets in the monument. Despite being an egg with a hard, solid shell, they still need oxygen to survive (apparently).

Chayanne then came by, volunteering to continue guiding it through the monument to which Phil responded greatly with trust onto him. He was aware of his strength, so he was sure that things won't go bad. "Be careful, alright?" It was the last sentence that he said to Frop before they went off.

By both eggs, they eliminated the incoming guardians with swiftness and caution, mainly since the majority of kills were from Chayanne, and were able to meet the first Elder Guardian. While the duck floaty-egg was the main damage dealer, Frop was also able to get a good few hits. It wasn't damage too severely as it used the doors not only as breathing pockets but also as its shield. Once Chayanne did his finally blow, it was amazed of his strength and deep inside, it wished to be just like him; brave and strong.

During their search for the other two Elder Guardians, they came across Tallulah. Both of the two eggs decided to depart, with Frop now being with her. Together, they both defended each other from numerous guardian attacks and defeated many, being able to survive in the process with the assistance of caution.

Things were going well; no one seemed to be downed yet. That was a good sign, as it showed that no one was in the brick of death so far.

Frop decided to be adventurous, however, and parted ways from Tallulah. It wanted to test itself by killing off enemies by its own, and it did well in the process. With the methods that parent Phil demonstrated, it was able to fend off a couple in its path. Whenever it looked too risky to fight, it would cautiously move away, putting more doors on the way for oxygen.

Now there came the Elder Guardian.

It seemed to have found the second Elder Guardian of the monument, but this time, it found it alone. Chayanne wasn't with it anymore, so it would have to fight it off by itself.

The fight was, although usually not so much to expert, was a tad more stressful. The Elder Guardian took the first hit and charged at it, but it attacked back, not choosing to flee. A few normal guardians came by as minions of the fight, attacking the egg while it was focusing on the big one. Its focus shifted to the normal ones, but the Elder kept attacking. Its oxygen was depleting too, but it wasn't focusing much of it. As a result, the only available breathing pockets were outside the room it was fighting in besides one, singular door that was quite far from the spot where it would fight.

Due to the fact that the number of guardians were infinite, despite Frop finishing off the common ones, they kept going, going and going. It was too focused on the number of normal guardians that it didn't pay too much attention to the Elder. From behind, it striked with a strong beam, depleting its health little by little. It didn't have any backpacks to auto-feed anything, too, so everything it does would be all manual.

As it was eating its avocado toasts to replenish its hunger to heal, more and more attacked it. It tried fighting, but a lot more came. At that point, it was attacking to the smaller versions more than the big. Only a few times was it able to strike onto the stronger, but the rest of the times, it chose to fight the weaker. It was panicking on the high number of mobs attacking it, despite not expressing so much from its face expression.

Chayanne, Ramón and Fit soon came to the situation, seeing numerous guardians on the spot, a big Elder Guardian in the swarm and one singular egg who was fighting for its life, its health in the brick of being empty. However, they weren't exactly in the room just yet until . . .

Frop Egg is bleeding. Frop Egg was killed whilst fighting Elder Guardian.

Some of the players that weren't in the monument at all were confused, as shown by the chatbox present filled with a good number of question marks. Phil, who wasn't near them much, quickly swam to where they were, with Tallulah on his side. During this, Chayanne and Fit went to defeat the normal guardians and the Elder while Ramón swam to help Frop regain strength. After letting it recover for a bit, eating numerous avocado toasts to regenerate health once again, he went off and defeated the last few guardians that were there.

Both parents were worried for it, but Phil showed more of it. He checked if it was alright, and in response, it crouched up and down (in water?), which indicated a 'yes'. While he wasn't exactly sure whether to take its response fully, seeing that it was fine now by the looks of it, it wasn't a need for him to mind too much, right?

Since he was able to kill off the third Elder Guardian before coming to check on it with the others, so-called 'clearing' the ocean monument was coming to a close. Before going back up from the deep ocean to the top of it, they made sure that the sponges inside were collected once their mining fatigue effect was depleted. Ramón had decided that as a cherry on top to the underwater structure, the top of it would be blown up to smithereens using the TNT to blow it up and the sand that he collected to make sure that the explosions happen well in the water.

As Chayanne spoke about how he was close to dying from a giant squid, he, Ramón and Tallulah went and made a sort of structure or sign which indicated that the ocean monument has been conquered and that there would be no need to dive into it anymore. During their decorating process, Frop simply watched as they beautify their structure of sign, with Ramón and Chayanne building up the symbolic-like prismarine and sand and Tallulah placing the soft moss and pretty flowers. Despite whatever happened previously, they were able to create something positive with what they have. It took that in mind, thinking that it would be useful.

Since Mike - a player that was online at the time - wanted to give Fit a 'haircut' (without hair?), he had to leave quickly to check if he was ready, leaving Phil with four of the eggs to follow him once the structure was done. They were all able to leave the area safely with their Warpstone to the Favela, where both Fit and Mike would be found. Of course, still remembering Frop's close fate, Phil had to remind one last thing to it, as the other three eggs were beginning to dip out from the area.

"Please be careful next time, alright? I don't want any eggs to perish on my watch again."

This seemed to have stuck into Frop's mind as it promised to remember it well. With one 'meep' from the Tallulah-sign it placed and a bunch of crouching up and down, they both left the area, catching up on the others, or something bad would happen if they stayed there for too long.

~~~~~~~~~~