CH. 11 - A First Dream

As a little egg who never dreamed before, this was wild.

Frop found itself on a field of dandelions, though it did not know what a dandelion was, so it only assumed being on a field of flowers by default. Nevertheless, it found itself around a place it originally did not recall going to. Last time, it was in Phil, Chayanne and Tallulah's basement home - now it ended up on a field?

Curious as to where it really was, besides being in just a plain, normal dandelion field, it began exploring further to the lands beyond. Wandering not too far from where it woke up, it reached a cliff that led to a deep fall into a lake below, and from there stretched more land.

As it looked down from the cliff, it noticed something on the other land area; its main guardian, Philza, with his egg children, Chayanne and Tallulah, and someone else beside him, one wearing a skull mask and a hoodie, his colour theme more purple in contrast with Phil's green. Beside Tallulah followed none other than Frop itself, enjoying its time with the rest of the family. It looked rather happy and jolly, despite its 'face' expression staying intact.

Before it could think more about the scene - why they were there, why it too was there - the floor beneath it rumbled, before breaking into bits, making the little egg fall into the river below in a harsh ¡SPLASH! on the waters. It all happened in a flash, did it hit the waters too hard it would crack?

It couldn't tell, but at that point the next scene had already started.

The egg found itself in a mushroom biome all of a sudden. The splash on the river clicked immediately to the next location. It was a bit dizzy from the instant transition, but it could do it.

As it looked around in the darkness as it was evening, it saw many large mushrooms - red and brown - those it had never seen before. They were all a lot taller than it, with dozens of little mushrooms alongside. It also noticed red mushroom cows roaming around, mothers and little children. This was the first time seeing a mushroom biome, it truly was fascinated of the new place. But ... it didn't see anyone around besides the cows, why was it there now?

It looked around again, and it noticed one of the brown mushrooms had cobbleston stairs leading to the top. Curious it climbed up, and there it saw a red bed, the blanket messed up and lying halfly on the bed and floor. There was something else on the bed - an egg, just like Frop, sitting at the edge, gazing at the stars in the night sky. The egg had a pink tutu with flowers around them.

Frop approached the egg, poking it with a small stick it found on the same mushroom to gain their attention. Quickly they turned, and in a panic they took out their blade and almost strike it before realizing who it was and stopped themself. To their surprise Frop didn't move back as they almost did a blow. From panic turned to confusion, as they slowly put away their blade and replacing it with a sign, showing it to Frop as it read; 'HELLO'.

The little egg showed the same sign, and the pink tutu egg backed away a little bit. They seemed surprised they both had the same signs. Slowly, they took out a pink sign and placed it down for Frop to read what it said.

---

Who are you?
Why are you here?

---

Frop looked at the text written on the sign and put its own beside it to reply, one that was plain oak compared to the pink tutu's pink-coloured cherry sign.

---

name is frop
cannot comminucate well
does not know why frop is here
---

Pink tutu scooted in a little to read what Frop's sign said, before they broke their previous sign to replace it with a new one.

---

Frop is an interesting name ... I am glad you can answer my question though
I am Tulip. Nice to meet you.
---

Because they wanted to speak more but they had lack of space in their sign, they put another one above it to continue what they wanted to say.

---

You do not know why you are here? Oh, I see ... maybe you can wake up soon?

---

'Wake up'? If Tulip said that, then it meant it was in a dream the entire time ... right?

They put another sign at the very top of the previous, having to jump a bit to reach it in the first place. Seems like they had a lot to say to Frop.

---

It is a lot, but ... I promise it is not as much as it seems.
I think they can help you wake up.
---

Everything was all with sudden and confusion to the little egg. Before it would even attempt saying any comment, in a snap it found itself in a dark, empty space. No mushrooms, no Tulip, no normal land, really; it was simply a black spot, like an empty void.

It couldn't see anything. It couldn't feel anything. It couldn't do anything but stare in the nothingness in front of it.

Why did it feel familiar?

-

It woke up with a start, in the very bed it slept on - the red bed beside Tallulah's. It looked around, and everything looked normal again; it was in the basement again. Looking at the beds, it noticed Tallulah's bed was empty, along with Chayanne's, their blankets and bedsheets already folded and tidied properly. It seems that the others have woken up already, perhaps it slept for too long?

It got up out of the bed and waddled to the exit door. Using access permission that Phil gave it, it was able to open the doors and trapdoor in order to get out. Climbing up the ladder it exited the basement entirely, getting touched by the gentle breeze and the sunlight above.

It still thought about that interaction; its short time with Tulip. It wanted to know more about them. It wanted to stay there longer. But, it seemed it had to wake up for now.

It wanted to know more, but now was not the perfect time for it. For now, it needed to learn about the world it lived on, its home island, its friends, its truth.

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm just tempted to make a story of Tulip's perspective at this point, and just discontinue this one 😭

I'm being genuinely honest, the motivation to continue this? Poof, gone. Tulip, however? It looks promising to work with right now ... I think.

I promise I'll put more Frop content if I do with Tulip, though - please I can't abandon the silly just yet [the story I will abandon tho x]

So ... discontinuing this? Yeah? I think?

I hope you enjoyed this story, and the f*cking views I mean WOAH - that's way more than I expected and I'm happy it reached that much. But, uh, I don't think this'll last for long :P

o7 story most likely, you will be missed if I actually really really discontinue this and make Tulip's

-Hailo