Chapter Thirty Three: Stone Wars

33. Stone Wars

09-09-2023

A/N: First update of the weekly updates, yay!

Q: Dr. Stone S3 comes back next month! Are you ready?!

-----

"Pop Quiz! The topic is Tsukasa-chan's Empire! This is the one central unifying force responsible for the support and loyalty of all his empire's people! Is it A. Food? B. Hot girls? or C. Tsukasa-chan himself?"

You and Senku looked at the man as you sat on the floor, answering the question together, "It's C."

"Ding, ding, ding! You two win 10 billion points!" Gen cheerfully exclaimed. He continued, "Tsukasa-chan was originally the 'world's strongest primate high schooler', and was famous for his charisma to begin with...in other words, we need someone more famous than Tsukasa-chan himself, with a super amount of charisma and charm~!"

The mentalist placed two fingers on his Adam's apple and ran his other hand through his hair. A voice that wasn't his came out of his mouth, "Hi, I'm Lillian Weinberg!"

You and Senku opened your mouths wide with shock, eyes doing the same. You could visualize him being Lillian through your imagination.

"That's a sick impression you got there..." You said as you let out a nervous laugh.

"I can more or less do a woman's voice, but it's pretty obvious that it's being faked," Gen told you, sweat slightly dripping down his temples.

Senku replied, "It's spot on! Sounds just like a man's voice faking a woman's, ten billion percent!"

"Right~?" The mentalist chuckled. "But if the sound quality was all rough and distorted, like, for instance, if it was coming from our telephone receiver..."

"You want to lie to them?!" You questioned him as you realized what was going to be done.

The scientist grinned. "And the song will be for identification!"

"Ding, ding, ding, 100 billion points~!" Gen smirked. "Hearing Lillian-chan's singing is so incredible, it couldn't possibly be anyone but the real thing! They'll have no choice but to believe that on the other side of the phone, the songstress, Lillian Weinberg, is still alive!"

"In other words, in order to fill them with false hope, we'll create a Lillian zombie and stitch together this huge lie!" Senku let out his evil laugh.

"Yeah, there's no way we're not going straight to hell for this," you sighed.

Your boyfriend looked at both you and Gen with a pinky in his ear, and replied nonchalantly, "Okie-dokie, let's do it. We'll worry about the details later and let's get this show on the road."

"Okie-dokie," you said.

"That casually and that fast?!" Gen was shocked, then turned to you, "You're agreeing to this too?!"

You shrugged. "Whatever Senku does, I follow. We're doing this."

"'OKIE-DOKIE', MY ASSY-WASSY! I DON'T UNDERSTAND A DAMN THING HERE!"

The wood floors erupted from below you and launched Senku up in the air. From the hole, Chrome's head popped out with rage as you caught Senku in the air.

"What the hell, man?!" Senku cried out when he turned his head toward the brunette.

You let go of your boyfriend as he looked at the broken floorboards in disbelief, then stood up with your hands on your hips. In an angry tone, you yelled at Chrome, "If you wanted to listen, just use the door!"