Chapter 1.2

[𝟼 𝚈𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚂 𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁]

𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟷

Pressing a small pack of ice onto my left arm, I walked straight through the dark corridor towards one of the corners. Frowning at the bothersome injury on my left arm, I stopped for a second in front of the right corner. If what I had heard was correct, it was supposed to be on this side.

.......There.

Gazing at the shadows for some time, I could finally distinguish a small irregularity in the darkest corners of the shadows. A small wavy circle appeared on the floor every few seconds periodically and excluded a barely noticeable cloud of aura. Timing it correctly, I stepped forward just as the wavy circle appeared again so that I was touching it for the bare moment it appeared.

Sucking me inside just as I made contact with it, my vision darkened before a rush of white light assaulted my sensitive retinas. Blinking furiously, I looked around to see the familiar white tiles surrounding me in a large room, almost as big as a classroom. Gazing around, I could spot 4 individuals sitting on the floor in the middle of the room.

This place was the creation of a 3rd generation student, and was probably had one of the most complex and ingenious magic circles. Taking a considerable amount of time to set up, creating this circle required the caster to have both the shadow and mind element. The shadow being a method of entry while the mind element made up the backbone of this spell.

The spell functioned by creating a mind domain of sorts, a place where a person's mind could visit. The shadow element kept the body safe and hidden while the mind element created a personal dimension for the body to dwell in. All in all, it was a fascinating spell that I personally considered one of the best examples of how strong the mind domain could get.

My admiration for the spell aside, I carefully sat down on the floor beside the white-haired boy, taking care not to put much strain on my already injured left hand. It was already swollen and purple and I didn't want it getting hurt anymore.

"Sorry for being late. I had stuff to take care of." Sending a pointed glare towards the white-haired boy beside me, he just snickered at my misfortune.

"I didn't tell you to use aura to protect your arms and parry my spells. You already knew that they were enhanced and stronger than normal ones due to my Force element." Sending back a quick reply, he tried to justify himself.

"But Kiyotaka still won the fight, didn't he, Masaki?" Taking my side, the 2nd of the 5 individuals in the room pointed out an important fact with a smug tone. His grey eyes glinted with amusement as he took my side in the argument.

"That's because I wasn't expecting him to parry my spells stupidly with aura. Being insanely fast that he is, I am used to trying to predict his movements before every attack. But this time, before I knew it, an opening in my form was visible for him to exploit." With a frustrated tone, he explained his side of the fight. Emotions changing quickly as always, he went from smug to frustrated in an instant.

I guess my actions might have confused him. But that was just an experiment of mine, so please don't expect that to happen a lot, Masaki.

"Aren't we here for a limited time? People will start looking for us if we cannot be seen for 15 minutes. We should get to the main topic." Interjecting before this could grow more, Yagami politely reminded them of an important fact.

The White Room authorities might just kill us for what we are planning to do.

"They'd never doubt you, Yagami. You are too much of a goody two shoes for them to ever be suspicious of you." Snickering openly at him, Amasawa Ichika made fun of him ruthlessly. Cheeky as always.