Chapter 2.2

A.N. = A bit late but hope you guys enjoy. Part 2.3 is almost done as well.

"So, what are we really doing?" Masaki asked, his hands raised in the air, coated with fire. His hand had been turned into a makeshift torch.

"Eh, nothing much. You three kids just need to clear this ruin." His arm slung over a female of his age, who looked rather bored yet didn't mind the closeness of the strong magician. "Oh and maybe show your worth too."

"Sounds easy to me." Masaki commented idly, doing light stretches meanwhile. Stopping midway, he pointed at the older girl. "Who is she anyways?"

"To clear this ruin in case you kids die." Stein commented, before being kicked hard in the leg by the girl. How brave. "Just kidding, she's a healer for when things go wrong."

"You sound rather confident that things will go wrong." sounding mildly offended, Shirou said. I felt myself agree with his tone.

"You guys don't know the grade of this ruin, do you?" A devious smile on his face, he continued. "Well, it won't take you long to figure it out." From the way he was behaving, I was willing to bet that this was higher than 6th grade Adept stage.

".... I suppose it's easier to just show you." Eying the two teens behind me, I took the lead. In front of me was a long-ruined corridor, the walls more detailed than the jagged ones we had seen just a few meters behind. And everything had a calming blue tint to it.

Soon, our path turned into a still deposit of water, which went about as far ahead I could see before twisting sideways into a sharp turn. All along the small pond stood delicately adorned pillars, the ruined look giving it a charm of its own.

Stopping just before the narrow pool, I eyed it carefully. I wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple monsters in this mysterious deposit of water. No, I was fairly certain there were some monsters down there.

[𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦 1 𝘐𝘤𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤: 𝘛𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘵]

Mentally casting the enchanting magic, I took a step forward as my foot glowed, the magic's effect evident. With my first step over the water surface, the surrounding area froze, creating a small area for me to get a stable footing.

My left followed after my right, which was followed by my right foot, which was followed by my left foot again, creating a monotonous pattern which was often termed as walking. Except it wasn't the same as the simple action. Leaving behind with every step, a trail of ice followed.

Just as I reached the suitable distance into the center of the long lake, I proceeded with what I had in mind. Not even trying to conceal my magic this time, I crouched, readying myself to make a large mess.

[𝘓𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤: 𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘦]

Rapidly, a large magic circle started forming on the surface of the water, taking about 3 seconds before small arcs of lightning released from it and into the body of water. Like a shotgun burst, larger and louder tendrils of electricity dived into the unexplored lake, on their way to become the first and last attack on all the creatures below.

Standing up as my work was done, I looked behind me to see the other four come behind me, a stronger earthly floor under the feet. It seemed like Shirou had just done what I did, just with a stronger but not entirely better element.

Eying the still water in front of me, I sighed as a ripple came through from around the corner. Seems like my attack had reached whatever was ahead. And I doubt it was happy.