Chapter 1.3

A.N. = Here ya go. Early and with a bit of exposition, so read carefully.

𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟹

"You know, complex magic circles really are fascinating." I commented, floating just a few centimeters in the air, a brush and a bowl of an ominous looking red paint in my hands. What I was painting on the floor looked even more sinister.

On the floor below me was a large red magic circle, a bit too larger than the normal spells circles. Its dark red color gave it a mysterious yet forbidding edge to it. The red color also contrasted well with the white tiled floor and the dark ambience of the room, made the scene look like it came straight out of a cult.

"You know Kiyo, you are weird at times." Masaki, also known as 4-01 commented. Facing the corridor, his eyes were scanning in the dark for any movement. From the slight glow in his eyes, I could tell that a magic spell was involved.

"Agreed." Another boy, purple haired this time, nodded, expressing his opinion How kind of you, Shirou. "But I think I know what Kiyo feels, despite my preference of efficient magic circles."

In front of him was a man in his 30s, a blank expression on his face. His eyes looked faded, as if he was lost in his mind, distracted by something nobody other than him could see. And standing behind him was Shirou, a large earth spike poised above the adult's head.

Floating towards the adult, I stretched the bowl forward.

"Give some more blood."

Almost as he was mind controlled, his glazed eyes blinked and he bit his left index finger. Placing the finger just above the bowl, he grasped his left hand tightly, squeezing blood out from it.

An uncomfortable look on his face, Shirou just watched the man bleed 'willingly'. "I really hope we never become opponents in a fight to the death..."

"What do you mean?" Masaki spoke up, confused. "Kiyo is probably the best opponent there is to get stronger against. Besides, his mind element is taxing, since he uses it to hide his spell circles as well as in aura-heavy spells like these."

Hearing the analysis of my overall abilities, I nodded, confirming his words. The only thing 4-01 had missed was how large my aura pool was, hereby making the high cost negligible.

The main reason I never used these types of high costing spell was because of the initial requirements it had.

"Anyways, are you done, Kiyo?" Shirou questioned, his eyes focusing on the hallway.

"Just a bit..." Floating above the magic circle, I painted a few rune-like structures on the edges of the circle. "To restrict the area of effect of the spell and maximize damage, this should work."

Carefully, floating to the top of the room, he observed his creation.

"Yeah, this should be enough." Nodding approvingly, my fingers pointed towards the adult, and casted the Grade 1 Gravity magic: Levitation, lifting the body and carefully placing him in the middle of the circle.

Human sacrifice secured.

Now, we just had to activate the timed magic circle and scram.

"Careful, we don't want to leave any magical residues." Taking off as fast as I could, I could sense the other two following behind. Travelling on foot, the three of them swiftly navigated the eerily dark corridors of the facility.

In under a minute, the three reached their room, quietly opening it and slipping into their blankets without a noise. Anyways, it should be about now that the.....