▹ a second debut.

"Jinyeong-ah," manager Yul calls her attention from the drivers seat, finally giving up on keeping the secret inside

Humming in response, Blake turns in the passenger seat, turning the stereo down so she could hear him better.

"Have you been, doing something different recently that I'm unaware of ?" Blake furrows her brows in deep confusion, and a worried feeling started to settle in when her manager suddenly pulls over.

He turns to fully face her now, his expression stoic and eyes searching her wide ones.

"I don't really understand what you mean oppa ?" she sits up, leaning back against the car door as she clasps her hands in her lap.

Blake hasn't had much time to herself recently since they're in the midst of preparing for their comeback set for June. Her schedule is packed with dance practices, recording sessions, there's absolutely no time for anything else. She hasn't even seen her friends or Jiung for weeks, so she's unsure of what her manager could be asking as she hasn't been anywhere but between her dorm and the company for almost 2 months.

"Haven't made any actor friends recently maybe ?"

Now she's more confused; her neck reels back at the narrow-eyed look her manager gives her.

"No..." aside from Leo and her seniors in the company, Blake doesn't know any film stars. Even with those she knows, she hasn't seen Leo in ages and she barely runs into the 2pm members much anymore either.

"Well, I guess I recently spoke to Taecyeon oppa on the phone, but otherwise..." she shakes her head again slowly.

There's clear suspicion in her manager's gaze as he regards her puzzled demeanor. They sit in stiff silence that has Blake unknowingly holding her breath, her manager just continuing to stare at her - waiting.

"Oppa-"

"So just out of the blue I get an email about someone wanting you in their drama ?".

Blake completely freezes, and she almost forgets she needs to breath until a slight pain in her chest reminds her. A startling loud sound of confusion leaves her throat, and now it's Yul who's pushed back against the door when Blake jumps forward to gape at his words.

"Wh- oppa, what do you mean ?" She doesn't believe it, because it just doesn't make sense. "Like, an actual drama, drama ? Like, the kind of dramas Jae oppa is in ?"

Her manager tilts his head in thought, relaying the email in his head before answering. "Technically no," he raises a finger in correction. "Jaewook stars in a lot of romance dramas. The one you're being casted for varies more towards the psychological thriller side."

"WHAT !?"

Blake jumps to her knees, her head almost hitting the roof of the car as she's suddenly now towering over her manager, her hands clasped over her mouth in sheer shock and disbelief. Someone wants her, Blakely Kim, an idol and never-been-actress, to star in a drama.

"Like like like, like," she gasps loudly, her eyes widening even more as she realizes. "Like Strangers From Hell ?" she points a finger at her manager and adds, "you know I love Im Siwan in that drama."

"Mhm ? I always thought it was your drooling over Lee Dongwook that made you love it so much." her manager jests, a brow raised in knowing.

Blake rolls his eyes, despite the soft blush that creeps over her cheeks at just the thought of the actor. "Same thing, but nevermind that,"

She sinks back down on her knees, hands on her jean-clad thighs as she's now overflown with curiosity and excitement. "Tell me I can be in it ?"

Even if he were to deny, Yul would battle against the company just so he wouldn't have to damper Blake's adorable, excited smile with upsetting news.

"You can."

Instantly she's squealing in excitement, the vehicle bouncing slightly under her vigorous actions of happiness. Her manager let's her be for five minutes, a subtle, proud smile pulling at the corner of his lips as he watches her. Once she's settled down, she straps her seatbelt back on and sits with a grin that wouldn't be leaving her face for a good couple weeks.

"Come on, tell me more about it on the way to the dorms," she claps excitedly. "I can't wait to tell the members !"

Also pulling his seatbelt over him, Yul starts the car and pulls out of the parking.

"Oh by the way," a smirk pulls at his lips. "It's a Netflix drama and from what I hear, Lee Dohyun is on the list of the cast."

And once again, Blake is stunned into silence.

𔘓.