TWO

Wednesday - October 11th, 2023

𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢 {𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢} 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐉𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 | 𝟐𝟐

🕰️12:45 pm🕰️

After everyone finished breakfast, they put their dishes in the dishwasher like I instructed while I got ready for work.

Once I was ready, I handed the kids off to Booka, so he could take them to my parents' house—since he was the most responsible out of everyone, at least that's what I've convinced myself of.

Now it's currently 12:45 and I don't clock out until 5:45.. I'm ready as hell to go.

"Hello! Welcome to Patient First, this is Amari speaking." I said in my customer service voice as I picked up the phone. I wasn't trained on what to say whenever I picked up, but one thing I knew how to do was code-switch.

"Hello, Amari, I made an appointment with Dr. Randall for 12:50 this afternoon and I'm running a little late.. I had some issues with my children and it's just a lot. I figure I'm going to have to reschedule so when is the earliest I can get in?" A stressed sounding woman spoke quickly on the other side of the phone.

"Ok ma'am. Let me just check Dr. Randall's schedule.." I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth as I held the phone to my ear with my shoulder.

"Ok, well it looks like his next appointment for today is at 1:30. So if you make it here by at least 12:55, he should still be able to get you in. Would you still like to reschedule?"

"Umm.. I think I should—KAYDEN SIT DOWN!" She cut herself off shouting.

"I'm so sorry these kids-"

"It's quite alright, I have twins, I know how stressful it gets."

"Yeah I have a set of twins too.. Jesus they stress me out, but I think I should be able to make it there by 12:55."

"Alright, if you aren't able to make it on time, just call back and I should pick up then we could reschedule for..." I clacked on the keyboard looking for the earliest available time, "Umm tomorrow actually at 4:30 pm."

"Ok, sounds great. I'll try to be there today."

"Alright, my love. Well you have a good day."

"You too." She said, sweetly before I hung up, putting the phone back on the hook.

I looked up feeling the cool breeze on my skin as the front door opened, I looked up to see Misharron or as people now call her "Asian Doll". I see a lot of videos, books, interviews portraying her as a mean bitter bitch who's still not over Von but she's actually very sweet.