Chapter 83

*Two weeks later*

"Ev! You ready?!" Jimmy shouts from the hallway. I'm just grabbing my medication bag and Summer's bag to go out. She's sat beside me in her vest, ready to go.

"Yep! Coming!" I call out, heading into the hallway and quickly slipping my converse on.

"Right, see you later guys!" I call out to Sam and Jack who call 'see you later' back at us. We head out into the car. Once we're all in and ready to go, I look over and Jimmy and squeeze his hand with a smile.

"You ready? Let's go view this place!" I smile.

"Let's do it!" I agree as he starts the car and we begin our short drive. We're viewing our third place today after a bunch of searching for somewhere good for us. When I spoke to my therapist, she was a bit worried about how ready I am for it but after some careful discussion and a deep dive into my feelings around everything, she agreed that the plan is solid and that she thinks I can do this with just her support since I was discharged from the intensive home care team four weeks ago. The first place we viewed, last week, was pretty good. It was close, only two miles away and a ground floor flat however it was so tiny and cramped that it felt like we could barely move so we decided against it. The second place was nice and spacious, a first floor flat however the landlord was pretty strange, only talking to Jimmy and not me and didn't seem happy with Summer despite him advertising the place as pet friendly. This place looked nice on the advert and the landlord seemed really nice when we arranged the viewing. It's a one bedroom house, semi detached, and seems pretty nice and big for a single bedroom place. It has two bathrooms, a small one downstairs with just a toilet and sink and a larger one upstairs that has a bathtub and shower, a toilet and sink and a good amount of space. There's even a nice garden, not huge but not too tiny. It's less than a mile away from Sam and Jack's place and the price is £550 a month. Not too bad.

I stare out of the window with a smile on my face for the whole journey. When we finally arrive, I'm excited. From outside, it looks great. The small front garden is fairly tidy and the gate seems wide enough to fit my wheelchair through as well. There are two steps up to the door however we can easily get a ramp for that. The landlord is outside waiting for us and waves as we get out of the car.

"Hello lovelies! It's so nice to meet you in person! And who is this gorgeous girl?" The landlord, a sweet looking middle aged woman, greets us both and smiles at us all, including Summer.

"Hey, it's so great to meet you! And this is Summer, she's my service dog," I smile at her, shaking her hand.

"Well she is beautiful, just like her owners! And she seems like a very smart girl too. Well, come on in! I'll show you around and I can answer any questions you'd like me too! The house is part furnished, it has an oven, sofa, coffee table and some garden furniture outside that the last owners kindly offered to leave as they didn't need it when they moved. I've given everything a good clean since they've left and before you got here as well so don't you worry about that!" We both thank her and follow her in. She gestures us into a room to the left of the front door that appears to be the living room. There's a mock fireplace on display, a black fabric sofa with a few random grey cushions scattered on it facing towards it. The black and white painted wooden coffee table is in front of the sofa with a decent amount of room to walk between the two and sit down.

"So this is the living room! You've got the sofa there, and the coffee table. Now that fireplace there isn't real, only for display however there's two radiators in this room to stay warm. One behind the sofa on that wall there and another by the window too to keep that nasty winter cold at bay. Down there you can see those glass double doors which open up into the garden, I'll take you out there after showing you the rest of the house. Now there's no curtains yet and nothing much on the walls for decoration yet unfortunately but if you do move in, you are free to paint and decorate however you'd like providing you don't knock down any walls or build anything into the house. But you can hang things on the walls, get whatever curtains or pictures you'd like and go wild!" Me and Jimmy both smile at eachother looking around.