Warning signs

"I live here, you are intruding, so I'll ask you again. Who.are.you!" Jason demanded.

"No, before I tell you anything tell me exactly how your dead!" Danny shouted.

Jason looked taken aback.

"How did you know that?!" Jason demanded, as his temper rose the lazurith pit inside him grew restless.

Another breath escaped and Danny wasn't able to hide it in time.

"I can tell, it's like sixth sense" Danny said bit ready to admit to this random kid that he was dead.

"Bruce who is this freak?!" Jason demanded.

Danny flinched at the word. The word that he had heard before.

"If he's a freak, then that would make you a freak by your own logic" Damien said. Jason's eyes narrowed at the kid.

Then the words processed in his mind. Jason whipped his head around to stare at the kid in front if him. Now that Jason saw him better, he recognized him!

"Your that kid that died! Your supposed to be dead!" Jason said.

Danny shifted uncomfortable.

"I did die, but it was in a lab accident. Not a fast food explosion"

"That impossible!" Jason knew nobody else could fall into the Lazarus pit.

"Ask them to explain it to you, because I'm not doing it again" Danny said brushing past Jason.

Both suddenly froze and grimaced.

"What- did you d-do?" Jason asked. The restlessness getting worse.

"Nothing! God! What is that?!" Danny asked as his core radiated pain throughout his entire body.

"My condition" Jason spat out. Neither boy could move.

Danny, desperate to rid himself of the pain, pricked his finger. His blood could calm whatever that thing was. He turned his arm intangible and reached inside Jason.

Bruce started forward. Clark just stared. Danny found the heart of the anomaly and let the drop of blood fall into it.

It absorbed the contaminated blood. The stirring stopped and Danny froze the the black tendril that was the parasitic part.

That way it couldn't feed of from the kid and wouldn't have any other choice but to absorb the human food the kid ate.

Worst case scenario, Jason would have to eat more food.

Danny yanked his hand out. He clutched his still aching core. Jason patted his hands up and down his chest. He turned to see Danny panting.

Jason grabbed his collar.

"What did you do?!" He hissed at the weakened ghost hybrid.

"S-saved, you-" Danny whispered much to Jason's surprise. He sounded like he was on his death bed. Danny started violently shivering.

Jason out a hand on his neck to feel for a pulse and immediately pulled his fingers away as if he had been burned.

"Ice cold" Jason whispered.

Bruce grabbed Danny, Danny suddenly stopped shaking. Danny looked up at Bruce with vacant, blank eyes. Bruce out a shaky hand on Danny's neck. No pulse.

Danny suddenly gasped, greedily taking in deep breaths. His pupils grew from the tiny dot they were before.

His heart began beating again. Danny pulled out of Bruce's grip and stood up, slightly embarrassed.

This happened more often lately, mostly in his sleep. Because he had been holding in his powers to hide.

Jason realized that the pits were calm. They weren't hurting him anymore. He glanced over at the dark haired boy and then rushed to him.

Danny's hand were out in surprise and his eyes wide as the other kid embraced him.

Jason grabbed Danny's arms with a huge smile on his face.

"I don't know how you'd did it, but thank you!" Jason exclaimed.

Danny didn't know how to react. He jerked away and tripped falling against the body scanner. Scanners started moving around him.

"Patient is deceased" the computer said once again. Danny looked at Jason's face and fear rose up inside him.

He tried to run but Bruce caught him.

"Let me go!" Danny yelled.

"We have to keep you safe Danny, your still being hunted" Bruce said.

Jason squinted.

"He's Phantom" Damien said unable to bear the stupidity any longer.

"Your, just like me" Jason said approaching the struggling teen.

Danny stopped the pointless struggle and Bruce let go.

"Yes, I'm dead. Or half dead. Or half alive. However you want to look at it. I was a hero for a while" Danny growled.

"This is- I never thought I would meet someone like me!" Jason exclaimed.

Bruce was grateful that Jason was showing emotion.

"And what you did for me, your amazing"

"I'm a freak, remember!" Danny snapped brushing past the helpless teen.

"Let's go Superman" Danny glanced back at Bruce.

"Thanks Batman"

Bruce nodded.

"Wait" Damien said. Danny turned back.

"Take this" Damien handed Danny the knife he had previously stabbed him with.

"I stabbed you with it, so it's your now"

Jason raised his eye brows clearly missing something. He hadn't been there for that incident and he wished he had.

Danny looked and acted fine so Jason concluded Danny had a healing ability.

"Thanks-" Danny looked between Damien and Bruce.

"Little Wing" Danny finished.

Damien gaped at Danny. Jason looked mildy amused.

Superman took Danny back to the farmhouse Danny could settle in.

Once Danny had time he went for a walk around the property. Superman's son was very persistent that they have a competition of some sort side they had closely related powers.

Danny did t seem too opposed to the idea, but it would have to be later on.

For now Danny had bigger things to worry about.