Bigger things

The soft cool breeze of the farmhouse was relaxing.

"Over here Danny!" John said waving.

Danny grabbed the bucket and went to Jon. He had been teaching Danny about the farm chores all day, Danny didn't mind. It kept his mind occupied.

Clark sat inside the house at the table across from his wife.

"Lois, I know this is sudden"

Lois sighed and rubbed her temples.

"Sudden? Clark, you brought a fugitive to our house"

Clark looked at his hands feeling guilty.

"Hes a kid who needed a place to stay, a good kid"

Lois looked up at Clark and she smiled .

"You have such a good heart, your right you know. He's just a kid, like our son. Which is why I'm so worried. If he's discovered that could put Jon in danger"

Clark stood up and hugged Lois comforting her.

"He won't be, I promise to keep our son safe"

Lois walked over to window and smiled.

"So what kind of powers do you have anyway? I can shoot laser beams from my eyes." To prove it Jon stared hard at a tree. Two red beams shot from his eyes.

The tree was burnt to a crisp with a jagged hole in the center of its trunk.

"Does that hurt?" Danny asked setting down a bale of hay.

Jon shook his head beaming.

"I can do something like that" Danny offered.

"Ooh, show me!" Jon said excitedly.

Danny held out his hand, palm facing the tree. Suddenly a blast of green hit the tree. The tree began to topple over towards them so Danny made them both intangible.

Clark stepped out of the house. He had to find the boys and bring them in for dinner.

Seeing through things made it easier however he stopped once he was at least a good twenty feet from them.

They seemed to be talking and laughing. They were getting along.

"Do you want to see?" He heard and his attention went back to the boys and out of his head.

At first nothing seemed wrong, it was harmless. Then the tree started to fall.

He watched as Danny grabbed Jon and became see through. In that moment he looked like an actual ghost, transparent and white.

Danny stepped away from the tree, solid again.

Clark ran towards the boys.

"What happened?!" He exclaimed.

Jon gulped.

"Oh hey dad- we were just talking about our powers and-"

Danny stepped in front of Jon. He bite an ice cold expression, hardened.

"It was completely my fault. I hosted Jon into showing off his powers. I put him in danger. As a guest in your house I apologize" Danny said taking all the blame.

Clark was stunned silent. Danny seemed to mature for his age, no doubt there was no sincerity behind that confession, but the blank face that uttered those words.

"I'm not mad, and Im not going to punish you. Its okay to be curious. Just don't be getting yourselves in danger" Clark said.

Clark turned back around when he remembered the whole reason he had been looking for the boys in the first place.