CHAPTER VI - Hey, I like you!

"I didn't expect to be stuck drinking with you after I quit work."

"Ouch!" Pei Shou Yi, in sticking the plaster on Zhou Shu Yi's neck, struck him, just where he had been injured by the torn necklace. The wounded man lowered his head and screamed.

The person sitting on the right immediately looked at Pei Shou Yi in anguish and admonished him: "Take it easy!"

"You would never be affectionate in front of me." The man winked at Gao Shi De, whose eyes hadn't left the other person since he sat down.

Gao Shi De was not only not angry, but also put his left hand on Zhou Shu Yi's shoulder and smiled triumphantly: "Introducing your future Zhou Shu Yi 'family'!"

"Family?" Zhou Shu Yi looked at Gao Shi De suspiciously. The latter looked at the man the students called "the unscrupulous doctor of the school" and said, "Pei Shou Yi is my cousin."

"Cousin? So when he said he wanted to try, it was just to hurt me... ", he felt embarrassed and fell silent hearing the words he had said himself.

"What's wrong? Were you jealous?" Pei Shou Yi could not help but put his face to Zhou Shu Yi's ear and ask him in a low voice.

Zhou Shu Yi looked away in embarrassment, not daring to look at Gao Shi De, but he guessed the answer. Watching The Boys Fallen Into Their Own World without even saying a word, Pei Shou Yi showed an impatient expression, as he closed the first aid box borrowed from the restaurant and complained, "It's tiring always taking care of you kids but ok, I won't lecture you. Today I'm buying you something to eat. When you have had your fill, leave without getting in the way of my business.'

Then he got up with the medicine box and went to the counter. Zhou Shu Yi looked at the man's back and asked curiously: "His business? Is that unscrupulous school doctor the boss here?"

"Yes." Gao Shi De nodded and brought his body closer to the boy's. In the past, it might have been expected that he couldn't get that close; now however, he could invade his private space of him. Distance from the body is said to represent distance from the heart, and he hoped he was the only person to enter that heart.

"Why did he end up opening a bar?"

Gao Shi De looked from his boyfriend's face to Pei Shou Yi, who was sitting at the bar and chatting with the bartender, before exclaiming, "My cousin's family is a family of doctors. His father is a doctor, his mother is the director of the hospital. He has received an elite education since he was a child. Aside from his qualifications, his parents didn't care about their son, as if he was born only because someone was to inherit the family business. So, after getting his doctor's license, my cousin cut ties with his family and decided to become a doctor in high school. And then because of some things, he transferred to our school."

As a child, I envied Pei Shou Yi's excellence, but later I felt sorry for my cousin. His family had always been indifferent to him; the very oppressive educational method and the idea of using grades to determine the value of that child, had cornered my excellent cousin, until his heart gradually closed. Until that weight distorted it to the point of breaking it completely.

"Shi De, I can't feel happy."

I thought it was just an expression to say he was in a bad mood, until he was diagnosed with "emotional anesthesia disorder".

He had finally understood why when he said he was happy, depressed, shy and scared his cousin always looked at him seriously and repeatedly asked him why.

"Why? Shi De, why are you happy? Shi De, why are you frustrated? Because you are shy? Why are you afraid? Why? Why? Why?"

Because... Because in Pei Shou Yi's world, all emotions were excluded, isolated outside his world, to the point of not feeling them. So through the one cousin who had approached him and would tirelessly answer his questions, she had struggled to understand the human emotions others had and was struggling to become someone who didn't feel rejected and rejected as different .