Chapter 6: Tea Warnings

If he's being honest, this was probably the most he's talked to anyone in a long time, someone his age. He stays there until his tea is gone and he says that he is going to check in with his parents. Deku smiles at him, the cat already moving ahead.

"Today was really fun Kacchan!"

Katsuki walks next to him, the mud squelching under their shoes. He can barely see a couple of feet ahead of him because of the fog.

"Whatever."

Deku just smiles and moves ahead as Katsuki stops so he doesn't get too far from the house.

"Do you want me to wait out here kacchan?"

Katsuki nods shortly and walks back inside of the house. Today isn't going so bad. His old hag wasn't in the kitchen this time, instead she was in her study. It always smelled like flowers in there instead of the old wood type of smell that lingered all over the house.

"What are you doing here Katsuki? Your wasting fucking time, running around god knows where."

Thats what she says when he enters her study, typing furiously on her computer. He doesn't say anything as she continues,

"Don't you know you start school next week? Seriously, a fucking mess is what it is. Remind me to get you your school uniform or ill fucking forget."

He grumbles something and leaves her study. Next, he goes to see his old man. He's instantly shut down when he comes in.

"Not right now Katsuki, i have a lot of work to do."

He doesn't even look at him as he turns on his heel and gets the fuck out.

"Ok fuck me then."

He walks out of the house, back outside. Deku is crouched down slightly, petting the cat softly as it meows and rubs against his leg. Deku looks up at him and stands back up. He looks at Katsuki's face and his eyes furrow slightly.

"Everything ok?"

Katsuki huffs and they both continue to walk through the fog.

"Yeah, its whatever."

Deku doesn't say anything for a moment before he smiles.

"Let's go to Mr. Aizawa and Mr. Hisashi's place. Maybe they'll let us pet their cats."

He gets what Deku is doing, but he won't say anything about it.

"Sure nerd."

They both go downstairs, Deku ringing the doorbell of their flat. They stand there for a moment, listening to the sound of cats meowing, the sound of some things crashing until the door is opened.

Mr. Aizawa is the one who opened it. He looks at both of them then opens the door.

"Come on in you two."

They shuffle inside, both of them making sure not to step on any of the cats laying on the ground or the furniture as they are gestured to sit down on the couch. Deku's cat, Sho, is instantly lost in the crowd of cats.

"You guys want some tea?"

Deku nodded, smiling.

"Yes please!"

Katsuki wasn't really feeling tea after having it only a couple of minutes before but doesn't complain as two cups are placed in front of both of them. Mr. Aizawa sits on the couch across from them, and Mr. Hizashi sits next to him, smiling.

His smile turns into a grin as his glasses gleam in the light of the flat and he leans forward.

"I can read your tea leaves if you want."

Katsuki glances at Deku, who glances at him.

"Huh?"

Mr. Aizawa sighs, petting a cat that decided to lay down in his lap. His long hair is tied up in a bun and he gives the both of them done looks.

"It's just a little gimmick thing he used to do on his talk show."

Mr. Hizashi gasps, bumping shoulders with Mr. Aizawa.

"It's not just a little gimmick! I have real talent! I can read your future!"

Mr. Aizawa gives him a small smile and rolls his eyes. Deku smiles and nudges Katsuki, who passes his teacup to Mr. Hizashi, who peers into it. He stares at the black tea leaves at the bottom of the cup. He stares down at it for a moment.

Mr. Aizawa continues to pet his cat, completely relaxed. Mr. Hizashi sighs and looks at Katsuki grimly.

"You are in terrible danger little listener."

Mr. Aizawa looks over his shoulder into the teacup.

"Really?"

He looks mildly interested, and Mr. Hizashi seems very proud as he grins.

"Yep, serious danger."

Deku shifts slightly, looking at the three of them with a worried expression.

"If kacchan is in danger then why are you two smiling...?"

Mr. Hizashi and Mr. Aizawa melt the smiles off their faces, nodding apologetically.

"Sorry little listener. The tea leaves are good for general stuff, but never for specifics. Just try to be careful, don't do anything risky."

Mr. Aizawa perks up slightly and takes something out of his pocket, sliding it over the table towards Katsuki. The blonde takes it, looking at the small item. It's a smooth triangle stone with a hole in the middle of it.

He looks through it, confused.

"What the hell is this?"

Mr. Aizawa shrugs.

"It's good for bad things sometimes."

Katsuki holds the cold stone in his hand before standing up.

"Thanks, i guess."

Deku gets up and bows politely.

"Thank you for having us."

He follows Katsuki as they both walk out the door, Sho following behind them. The mist still hung around the property as they walk up the stairs.

Katsuki puts his hands in his pockets and looks at Deku.

"Thanks. For hanging around today."

Deku looks at him, and smiles.

"Thats what friends are for right?"

Katsuki nods slightly and Deku smiles brighter.

"We'll hang out more next time kacchan! I need to get home!"

The cat stares up at Katsuki before the two of them walk away. Deku waves goodbye and Katsuki waves back, watching as he disappears into the fog. Katsuki turns back, going inside of the house.

He had been warned by three people, though for some reason, Katsuki didn't really think it was that big of a deal. It would be something to do instead of walking around and being stuck in the house with his parents.

The next day early in the morning, the old hag drove Katsuki hours away to a small area to get his school uniform.