Chapter 18: Temper Tantrum

"He said she was taking care of you and Deku. Why are you here and where is he?"

Shoto licks his paws, cleaning himself and letting out a yawn, his sharp teeth gleaming in the moonlight.

"Midoriya is distracting her while I'm here. I managed to show him how to move around, though obviously he can't hide as well as me."

They are now near a clump of trees, way more alive and perfect compared to the ones in the white void they were just in. Katsuki looks towards the garden, the beautiful roses and flowers taking on a darker undertone now that he knows the reason they're there.

"I came here to make sure you were-"

Stopping himself, shoto moves his head in one direction, eyes wide and pupils slit. Katsuki stops unconsciously, on edge. Shotos body gives one great shiver, his hair standing up as he leaps, his paw holding down a big black rat that had tried to scurry away when spotted.

It squeaks and scratches at the ground, unable to move that much and escape. Shoto looks down at it blankly.

"These rats are disgusting creatures. Her little spies, its very annoying."

Shoto lifts his paw up, letting the rat scurry away for a moment before pouncing on it again, this time digging his teeth into its body and pulling. Katsuki grimaces and mutters 'fucking nasty' as shoto tears into it only to let it go again. The rat is hanging by a thread, swaying and squeaking quietly as it tries to get away.

Shoto looks back at him, his fur matted with red.

"Make sure to be careful. You never know what she'll do."

With those final words, Shoto walks over to the poor rat, picks it up into his mouth and begins to walk away into the woods. Katsuki can still hear its weak squeaks as its taken away. He walks back to the house. 

Nothing had changed from how he left it. Those perfect walls and perfect ceilings still disgusted him, and everything was still quiet and deserted. He walks into the hall with the mirror. Maybe his parents were still inside of it in this world. He stares at his reflection, no other persons in sight.

He looks a lot better than he feels, which he guesses is a good thing. As long as that bitch doesn't know that he's tired of this bullshit then that's ok with him. He feels slightly at peace, but that's all shattered once he feels a bony hand on his shoulder.

There was no reflection in the mirror, just him. He looks up at her, and she stares back at him with that fake smile plastered on her lips. Her button eyes gleam and Katsuki notices that her blonde hair looks even more spikey than his real moms.

"Hey Katsuki. I was wondering if you wanted to go on a hike. I know the perfect spot, beautiful trail, breathtaking views, what do you think?"

Katsuki grimaces and points at the mirror.

"Your reflection. You a vampire or some shit?"

The other mother glances at the mirror, clearly disinterested. She waves her other hand in a swishing motion, letting out a small laugh.

"Mirrors. You can never trust them, Katsuki. Now come on, let's get everything packed up!"

Katsuki swats her hand away from his shoulder and glares at her.

"I don't wanna go hiking with you bitch. I'm going to leave with my parents and leave you here to rot."

The other mothers smile falls, and she puts her hands on her sides, letting out a drawn-out sigh.

"You know, i heard that sons say hurtful things to their mothers, but i never thought you'd call me a bitch, Katsuki. Ill forgive you this once, but the next time i think there are going to be some consequences."

Katsuki laughs.

"Consequences? Where the hell do you get off trying to parent me?"

The other mother looks at him darkly, the frown on her face leaving deep lines.

"Katsuki. I do not like this tone that you're using. I'm giving you one last warning."

Her voice is calm, and her eyes are cutting into him, but the sudden anger of having this monster try to punish him and call him her son really made him not give a fuck about it.

"Yeah? You don't like my tone? Then let me fix it,"

He steps closer to her, not looking away once, right in her face. She looks down at him, her expression not changing.

"I am not your fucking son, you are not my fucking mom, you will never get me to stay here and you will never get my parents. Bitch."

She doesn't say anything at first, but Katsuki watches as her body seems to elongate, leaving her neck and ribs longer than before, until Katsuki has to look up and up just to see her face. It all happens with such a twisted sound, the stretching and ripping of flesh. 

With not another word she reaches her hands out and grips his hair, tearing at the strands in her grip. Katsuki screams, clawing at her hand to get her off of him. She still doesn't move an inch, her features now twisted into an angry expression.

"You will not speak to your mother like that you little shit! I've been very patient Katsuki but you're pushing it! You have to be punished for your own good!"

She walks closer to the mirror, Katsuki too busy screaming and kicking at her and trying to escape. He struggles and screams more when the other mother reaches into his pocket and takes out the stone.

"You wont be needing this, brat!"

With one big heave that seems all too impossible for a thin monster like her, Katsuki is thrown into the mirror. He expects to hit the glass, but when he crashes into cold hard concrete, he feels disoriented.