THE DARK & THE BEAUTIFUL

E P I L O G U E

E P I L O G U E

"Persephone climbed into her husband's lap as if it were her throne as if she never sat anywhere else. Hades, stiff and frightening to the eyes of others, let the flower goddess run her fingers through his hair like any love-drunk young man tasting the nectar of a woman's love for the first time. To the world, he was an unyielding and merciless king, but for her, he was vulnerable and tender."

-HADES & PERSEPHONE

S Y N O P S I S

When Kylo Johnson - a former med student and now aspiring dancer finally gets the opportunity of a lifetime to attend his dream school in the bustling city of New York City he's more than excited. Despite his mother's hesitation to let her only child move across the country on his own, Kylo knows this is an opportunity he can't let slip away and after much convincing he finally manages to get her blessing and for the first time in his life, Kylo is by himself in the real world. In the city that never sleeps, he finds it to be everything he's ever imagined and more but the city is expensive and with university tuition fees piling up Kylo doesn't know what to do. His answer comes after a night of unfortunate events that land him in the hands of the city's most dangerous, Benavonté "Stone" Bellerose.

Cutthroat, bloodthirsty, and bored, Stone Bellerose is the oldest son to the infamous leader of the notorious mob organization Brother's Of The Rose - an organization that has been running the underground scene in New York City since the early 1920s. The Bellerose family is a hidden heel that's been digging within the inner city for decades with all the power and influences that the city practically hinges on their fingertips, and when Kylo becomes indebted to the prince of the underground himself he doesn't know what to do because one doesn't become indebted to Stone Belleose and live to tell to the tell.

A man incapable of feeling emotions and a boy fueled by them; an unexpected bond that has the risk of becoming something more as the two spend time together. Kylo has always been told to stay away from men like Stone, men with blood on their hands and vengeance in their veins but if he wants to pursue his dreams in the big city he has no other choice but to keep him close. Meanwhile, Kylo goes against everything Stone has ever been taught to know, he makes him feel emotions he's never felt before, and doesn't treat him like the monster he was raised to be but the two cannot let themselves get distracted from the threat that looms over their heads because it could just cost them everything, even their life.