05

ENTER PASSWORD

ENTER PASSWORD . . .

I blinked at the screen in front of me, the big bold letters making me raise a brow at my laptop. Okay, so maybe putting in a random hard drive I found in the coat pocket of a coat I thought was mine probably wasn't my brightest idea but I only did it because I at least thought it would information on here on who this could belong to but all I'm meet with when I plug in the drive is a small window asking for a username and password.

I folded my arms across my chest as I thought for a moment. I uncross them a moment later and start typing on my laptop. I let my fingers glide over the keyboard typing whatever comes to my mind first and when ERROR pops up on the screen in big red letters I let out a frustrated groan.

"Okay, so Watermelon7 is not the password," I say to myself shaking my head.

God, I just really want to find out who shit this is so I can give it back to them and get my coat back. I got it on clearance for like forty bucks, that's a steal for a good quality trench coat. The person I swapped with has a nice one too though, probably coasted a hell of a lot more than mine seeing as I can't even read the brand name on the tag. The only problem is the trench coat is way too big for me, and practically covers my entire body like I'm a damn nun. Maybe I'll go get it tailored one day if I never find its owner.

I pull out the hard drive and close my laptop. I'll try again tomorrow. I stretched my limbs, looking down at the time on my phone seeing it was almost time for us to leave for the party.

I've only been to a handful of parties in my life. Most of which were when I was in elementary school when the kids in my class's parents would bring cake and ice cream to the class and we'd sing Happy Birthday. Growing up I didn't even get to attend parties for family or anything, not because my mother was strict and kept me away from family or anything but because she just doesn't have family. From a very early age it's always just been her on her own and then I came into the picture and her single life became a double. I remember how when I was younger I used to save up my allowance so I could buy her a chocolate cake for her birthday. She'd smile and blow out the candles and we'd spend the rest of the night eating cake and watching Disney movies. It wasn't much but it was enough.

Even though I never really go to parties I'm not one of those antisocial people you see in movies that act like every conversation is the first time they've ever spoken to another human being. I know how to act and conduct myself around people . . . even the bitchy ones.

"Five more minutes or I'm leaving without you two, and you can find your own way to the party!" Tristian's voice rings through the apartment as he zooms past my opened room door. I don't know what he's going on about, I'm already ready. A simple white T-shirt, black cargo, and black Gianni boots with a few pieces of silver jewelry and I'm good to go. I'm a simple man, I like simple things. Also, the boots give me a few inches.

I walked out into the living room to see Tristian looking down at the silver watch on his wrist inspecting the time. "Three minutes!" he calls out.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Semaj comes out of his room, hopping on one foot as he shoves a single shoe on his foot nearly falling on his face but he reaches out to the couch and catches his balance. "I bet Aurora's never said that before."