The Dangers of Saving A Random Mortal P1 (ToA)

Summary: PJO +/MCU

Nico is caught on camera using shadow travel to save Peter Parker's life. Unsure of his abilities, the Avengers fear he may be dangerous. They wish to speak with him, but first, they must find the mysterious teen. 

Ships:

Solangelo

HawkSilver

Percabeth

Jasper (Jason is gay for Leo tho)

Caleo (Leo is gay for Jason tho)

FrostIron

_____

Will pulls Nico down a sidewalk, dodging students from the nearby school. Nico digs his heels into the concrete, refusing to move anymore. "I don't understand why I must attend this stupid socializing event."

"Because you need better people skills," Will answers, exasperated. He pulls on Nico's arm.

"I have good people skills," Nico protests, offended.

"Nico, insulting someone whenever they try to talk to you is not good people skills," Will says as if communicating with a small child.

"It keeps people away, so I must be doing something right."

Will shakes his head. "That's not what it- never mind. Forget it. I realize this event is too much for you at the moment. We'll go to Mcdonald's, then back to camp."

Nico perks up. "Mcdonald's?"

Will shook his finger in Nico's face. " Only because I didn't bring much mortal money with me. I still maintain that Mcdonald's is unhealthy and will kill you if you continue eating so much."

"I'm the son of the god of death. I refuse to let something as simple as food be the cause of my death."

"You can't control your death, Nico!" Will raised his voice. It's not the first time they've had this conversation. Will is weary of talking Nico down from purposefully attempting stupid things to see if they would kill him.

An older couple gives Will an odd look as they pass him on the sidewalk. "I apologize for my boyfriend. He was dropped on his head too many times as a baby. He's not right in the head." Nico patted Will's arm with a pitying smile.

One of the women gives Nico an understanding smile as they walk off.

Will blushes bright red. "Really? Dropped on my head?"

"What? Sometimes I wonder if it happened. You can't tell me Apollo wouldn't have dropped you at least once."

Will gasps dramatically. He lunges for Nico, who escapes down the street. Will chases him shouting "sorry"s as they go. He catches Nico outside of a school. He wraps his arms around Nico's waist and spins him causing Nico to shriek.

Nico's body goes rigid, and his laughter cuts off. He looks around the area wildly.

"What is it?" Will asks, concerned.

"Someone is about to die," Nico whimpers.

"I've told you before; it is rude to say to people they are about to die,
Will admonishes. "Mortals don't appreciate the warning."

"I can feel it. I have to stop it." Nico closes his eyes and focuses on the stench of death permeating the air. It is a new power; the ability to sense the approaching deaths of the people around him. Nico opens his eyes. "It's him," he points to a boy walking out of the school building. The boy has airpods in, scrolling on his phone, not paying attention to the world around him.