TDOSARM: FINAL

The arrival of the demigods in the middle of Camp Half-Blood startles the few campers out and about. Mrs. O'Leary bounds off, chaos in her wake as she nearly tramples campers.

"That," Annabeth states, "did not go to plan."

"To be fair, we didn't have a plan," Leo points out.

"The only thing that matters is we got Nico and Will back," Percy says.

"What do we do about the people who kidnapped them?" Piper asks.

"They're superheroes. What can we do?"

"You won't be doing anything," a voice declares. "We will."

Hades strolls up to the group with Apollo hot on his heels. Both of them look terrifying until Apollo drops to his knees beside Will and hugs him. "Willaim, you're alright! Thank Zeus!"

"Yeah," Will awkwardly hugs Apollo back.

"I'm so glad. You're my favorite kid, you know."

"Thanks...?"

In lieu of a hug, Hades nods to Nico. "I am pleased you are safe, son."

"Me too," Nico says.

"Hades and I are on our way to have a conversation with the mortals who dared to take our children," Apollo announces.

"I thought gods can't interfere with the affairs of mortals?" Jason says.

"We can't," Apollo agrees. "But, we can curse and smite mortals whenever we want, as long as our children are no longer directly involved."

"Dad, don't," Will begs.

"Do it," Nico says decisively.

Knowing he will never win this argument, Will sighs. "Don't kill them."

Hades' eyes narrow. "I won't. That would be a mercy."

"Percy Jackson!" Percy whimpers in fear as hoofbeats draw closer. He stands as Chiron stops in front of the group. "What did you do?"

"Why are you asking me?"

"Because it is always your fault."

"It was Hades' fault this time," Percy tries to shift the blame.

"Hades?"

"Yeah, he's right ther-'' Percy is met with air, suspiciously absent of gods, when he turns. "Dam, they're gone. We rescued Nico and Will, at least."

"You broke about fifty camp rules in the process," Chiron says icily.

"But we got them back."

Chiron rolls his eyes to the sky. "I don't care anymore. You're all still alive. If the gods are involved, I'm not. Nico, Will, lovely to have you back." He clomps off to play a relaxing game of pinochle with Mr. D. No one told Chiron how utterly exhausting children can be when he first took this job.

...

"For the last time, we did not let them go. A bunch of teenagers showed up with a giant dog and incapacitated Cap, Clint, and Nat, so I made the smart decision to retreat," Tony argues with Fury.

A vein in Director Fury's forehead pops. "Benched! All of you! Except for you, Rogers. I would never hear the end of Agent Coulson's whining if I benched the great Captain America. Barton and Romanov as well; I need you for a mission."

"That isn't fair," Tony cries. "They don't get benched because Agent has his nose stuck up Steve's ass, and Clint is fucking him?"

"He's not fucking Coulson!" Pietro shouts.