Using Your Kids To Cause Chaos Is Fun (TSaTS)

Summary:

When Nico's Cacodemons had followed him out of the Underworld, he was unprepared for the chaos they would cause in Camp Half-Blood. However, he was not upset. Instead, he embraced the mayhem and joined his children in their havoc. 

Ships:

Solangelo

_____

Sixteen was too young for Nico to be a parent. Yet he now had twelve cacodemons to keep track of at camp. Will helped as much as he could, which wasn't much since camp started again. It wasn't easy raising children when your co-parent was a healer who spent most of his time in the infirmary.

As Nico said he would, he kept the cacodemons' existence a secret when people returned to camp. There had never been a funnier sight to Nico than his cacodemons swarming the Stoll brothers at breakfast.

Connor yelped so loud that even the Naiads in the lake heard him. He scrambled on top of the table and refused to come down until Nico had rounded all of the cacodemons up.

Most of the camp had never heard Nico laugh until that moment. He held the Cyclops cacodemon in his arms as he tried to calm Connor down. "Conner, it's okay."

Connor pointed accusingly at the cacodemon. "What is that?"

Nico smiled down at the cacodemon. "This is my child."

"Huh," Connor's face pinched in confusion. He looked at Travis, who was just as confused.

"Your what?" Travis hadn't reacted as strongly as his brother, but he still edged away when Nico came closer with the cacodemon.

"My child," Nico repeated.

"What does that mean?" Connor shrieked. "You gave birth to those things?" He flung his arm at the other cacodemons huddled together near Nico's feet.

Instead of answering, Nico grinned creepily.

"Holy shit, you did!" Connor leaped off the table and ran from the pavilion.

Travis tried to keep a brave face, but he looked longingly after his brother's retreating form. "So, uh, Di Angelo, wanna explain what your 'children' are?"

"No," Nico said and turned away.

Intense blue eyes met him. Nico internally groaned. The spider cacodemon scuttled over to Will and poked at his ankle until Will hoisted them into his arms. The tiny demon clung to Will's shoulder. He had just finished a fifteen-hour shift in the infirmary. All he wanted was a nice, calm breakfast, but when one is dating the son of Hades, nice and calm is impossible. "Death Boy, what chaos are you and Clops starting now?" Will sighed. Nico didn't want to refer to the cacodemons by what created them, so Will named each one after a physical feature they had.

Nico widened his eyes with an innocent look. "Nothing. The kids wanted to welcome the Stolls back to camp."

"Will, buddy," Travis went to wrap his arm around Will's shoulder but rethought it when the Spider hissed at him, "You know what these things are?"

"Sure I do."

"What are they?" Travis probed.

Not many people were awake and at the pavilion that early in the morning, but the ones who were all leaned in curiously.

Will looked around at all of the eager faces. "Nico and I planned to explain what happened while everyone was gone from camp during the campfire, but I guess we can tell you guys now."