Chapter 1: Hiems Cecidit

A/N: This story has a couple events swapped in the timeline order just so it suits me better. Don't get too pressed about it. All the chapter names are in Latin if you were questioning wtf they say (Duolingo coming in clutch). Most of the chapters are following storyline so if u get bored and know the show u can just skip to the good shit.

heims cecidit ~ winterfell

'They're a powerful family to have connections with. This is all for House Martell.' Your father, Oberyn Martell, Prince of Dorne, was leading you to Winterfell under order of your uncle, Doran Prince of Dorne. Both you and Oberyn thought it was a bit excessive to betroth a 10 year old for a future alliance, yet here you were standing in front of the gates of Winterfell. The tall, dark, brick towered over you making you feel even smaller than before. 

Once welcomed in through the gates, you were met with the Stark family scattered throughout the courtyard. Your eyes first lay on the boys shooting arrows at targets. You assumed the young boy that could be no older than 10, was Brandon Stark, your soon to be betrothed. As he held the bow up towards his cheek, an arrow came flying straight past his head hitting the bullseye of the target. Oberyn cheered for Lady Arya, the one who actually shot the arrow. This drawing attention to your presence. Ned and Catelyn walked downstairs from the balcony overlooking the courtyard to greet your party. Oberyn immediately went to greet Ned with a hug. The actions were reciprocated before Ser Rodrick appeared with Theon by his side.

'Lord Stark! My Lady. The guards just rode in from the hills, they've captured a deserter from the Night's Watch.' Ned gathered all the men, including Bran despite his age. As they had all left the Keep for the hills, you were left to spend my time in the sewing room with Arya, Sansa, and their Septa. You were becoming closer to Arya since she was closest to your age and neither of you were the biggest fan of sewing. 

The men had returned some hours later when Bran had showed up in the room you girls had resided in. He stood at an odd distance away from you as if he was afraid you would bite him. 'Would you like to come climbing with me Princess?' Bran's eyes were focused on his fidgeting hands and his voice barely above a whisper. You nodded and stood up, following him to the top of the outer wall of Winterfell. 

Your heart was racing the further up the wall you got. Following Bran's every move to not slip and fall. Eventually you reached the top and sat down on the edge, overlooking the land in front of you. Grass as green as emeralds, stretched out infront you before it touched the tree coated hills. 'Bran... Where did you guys all go just before?' You questioned him. Bran told you about the Direwolf pups and that he name his Summer. He continued to explain what happened with guard they had executed from the Night's Watch and that he had heard him repeatedly talking about the White Walkers.

'Do you think it's true? Do you think they could really still be out there? They're supposed to have been gone for thousands of years,' you questioned

Bran turned to you, 'I'm not sure. My father said "a madman sees what he sees", whatever that means.' After returning to the view past the wall, you notice the King and all his men behind him coming closer to the wall. Bran began jumping from stone to stone on his way down from the top of the wall. Yet again you were terrified beyond compare. You couldn't comprehend not only how fast he was but how unphased by the dangerous heights he was. 

When coming closer to the ground, Catelyn Stark yelled out to Bran, 'How many times have I told you no climbing? And now you're dragging the Princess of Dorne along with you.' We both looked to floor when she made us promise to not climb anymore.

Catelyn leant down do Bran's height, 'Do y'know what Bran? You always look at your feet before you lie.' We both ran off to tell the others of the King's arrival.

The Starks line up to greet the Baratheons, while Oberyn and you stand slightly to the left of the family. The absence of Arya doesn't go unnoticed by the Starks but her small stature comes pushing through the crowd to place herself between Sansa and Bran. 

You watched as the Baratheons made their entrance. First came through a group of knights on horses holding flags to the Baratheon house. Next followed Joffrey with a sly, arrogant smirk plastered across his face as he eyed Sansa. A sea of people across the Winterfell grounds kneeled as Robert Baratheon made his entrance. The King trudged over to Ned, signaling for him and the others to stand. 

Robert made his way down, greeting the Stark children one by one. Upon reaching Bran who stood at the end of the line, he turned to you and Oberyn. Robert bent down on one knee to  match your height before asking, 'And who might you be?'

I stand up straight and look him in the eye, 'I am y/n Martell, Princess of Dorne.' The King laughs while replying, 'the pleasure is all mine,' before moving onto your father. He was met with a cold nod and nothing more.