Chapter 8: Matrimonium

Matrimonium ~ Marriage

A few days had past since your fathers death and you hadn't left your room in Kings Landing. You just sat there in silence with Ellaria most of the time. She occasionally left to bring you food and other necessities but you didn't move, you rarely spoke.

One afternoon you heard a knock at your door and in walked the last person you wanted to see, Cersei. 

'Ellaria, leave the two of us,' Cersei demanded. Ellaria refused to leave you alone with her but she didn't have time to argue as guards had grabbed Ellaria and dragged her out the room. You sat staring at the wall, not turning to acknowledge Cersei once. 

'Do you still wish to wed the King, Princess y/n?' Cersei asked.

'I never wished to marry Tommen,' you said monotone, you eyes never leaving the wall.

'You know that would make you Queen, of the Seven Kingdoms. Not just the forgotten daughter of a Prince of Dorne, yes?'

You couldn't believe the nerve of this bitch. You said nothing.

'You will marry Tommen. You will become Queen and that is final y/n Martell. In the Game of Thrones, you either win or you die,' Cersei stood up and took her leave. The door to your room had never fully shut as next walked in Tommen. The King took a seat next to you on your bed but neither of you spoke until you heard Cersei's footsteps leave.

'There's no one left for me here. There's no reason for me to be here. Podrick had to run away. Tyrion was sentenced to death and is now missing. My father has been killed. All I have left now is you. I feel unsafe but I don't know what's happening,' this was the most you had spoken since your fathers death, but Tommen had to hear it.

'I do. I know why you feel unsafe here. A warning was sent to Kings Landing from Dorne because of your fathers death. It was a necklace of Myrcella's. This means that if you aren't to marry me, they will use you as prisoner to have Dorne obey. Ellaria is being taken back to Dorne now and Jaime is said to ride down as well to attempt to bring Mycella back.' Tommen gently turned your head by your chin to look him in the eyes, 'it's not safe for you here. It's also no longer safe for you in Dorne. If you marry me though, no one will be able to touch you.'

'Thank you Tommen but, I can't. It's not what Dorne wanted from me. I was promised to another,' you sadly smiled at the kind boy in front of you. It was hard to believe someone this caring was born a Lannister and raised in Kings Landing, yet here he was.

'I know you were betrothed to someone else but I need you to be safe. I need to know that no one will hurt you Princess y/n. So please, just let me assure your safety. Marry me y/n,' Tommen pleaded.

'Okay. Your right, they'll kill me otherwise. We're friends anyways so how bad could it be,' you laughed lightly. Tommen stood up from sitting beside you to leave the room but you stood up along with him,

'I am truly grateful for you kindness Tommen,' you stepped forward to close the gap between the two of you and lay a peck on his lips. Both your cheeks turned a deep shade of pink, and with that, Tommen had left.

For the first time in days you had decided to leave your room and go for a walk beyond the Red Keep. As soon as you had left your room there were Kingsguard right by your side, following you as you walked down the halls. When you began to come closer to the gates of the Red Keep one of the Kingsguard stopped you, 

'Maybe you should stay in the Walls of the Keep Princess, it's safer.'

'No, I need to get out,' you turned and kept walking, not caring whether they followed.

You weaved through the narrow streets of Kings Landing ducking in between the people that crowded the streets. The bottom of your gown began to get covered with the mud on the floor but you didn't really mind.