Chapter 9: Nuptiae

Nuptiae ~ Wedding

You were riding in a carriage on your way to your wedding as the people of Kings Landing called out 'Queen y/n,' as you passed by. It was a foreign concept to you, nothing you had envisioned for yourself in the near future yet here you were. You were about to get married to a boy you didn't love and you didn't even have your father to give you away or any family from Dorne to watch.

The ceremony took place in a picturesque outdoor setting, with a grand arch made of intertwined iron swords serving as the backdrop. A hauntingly beautiful score plays softly in the background.

The Grand Septon began the ceremony in a commanding voice, 'Lords and ladies, gather here today to bear witness to the union of Princess Y/n, the fair maiden from House Martell, and King Tommen, the valiant ruler from House Baratheon.'

You were dressed in a stunning gown adorned with delicate dragon motifs when you began to get escorted to the arch by Ser Loras. Music began to sound throughout the Sept as you made slow steps towards the front of the large room. Your grip tightened around Ser Loras' arm as you walked closer to your soon to be husband, Tommen.

Tommen's eyes were trained on you the entire time. When you finally reached the bottom of the stairs Tommen walks a few steps down and leans his hand out for you to grab. You look towards Ser Loras as he lets go of your arm and give each other a small smile. You then grab Tommen's outstretched hand and walk up the steps with him.

The ceremony continued, 'As the old gods and the new look down upon us, let us remember that a marriage is not a simple pact, but a bond forged in the fires of love, loyalty, and destiny. These two souls, from different houses, have found solace and passion in one another.

 'I pledge my sword, my honor, and my heart to you, Y/n, to love, cherish, and protect you, through the longest of winters and the darkest of nights,' Tommen looked lovingly into your eyes.

'And I, Y/n, take you, Tommen, as my shield, my defender, and my love, to stand with you in the harshest of battles and the sweetest of victories,' you returned.

You both exchanged rings.

'These rings, forged from Valyrian steel, symbolise the unbreakable bond these two souls share. May they bring strength and resilience to this union.' The Grand Septon then held a red ribbon before the both of you.

'By the laws of the First Men and the traditions of the Rhoynar, let this ribbon, the color of blood, bind their houses and hearts.' Yours and Tommen's hands were bound together by the red ribbon.

'By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife.'
The two of you share a passionate kiss as the crowd erupts into cheers and applause.

'Let it be known that the love between Princess Y/n and King Tommen is as strong as the mightiest dragon, and as enduring as the Wall. May they rule their lands with wisdom and kindness, as just and loving as the most noble of rulers.

The two of you, now husband and wife, walk back down the aisle to the triumphant sound of the Game of Thrones theme song.

'I am his and he is mine,' you began looking into Tommen's eyes.

'I am hers and she is mine,' Tommen smiled back down at you.

'From this day until the end of my days,' you both repeated.

Tommen leaned down to meet your face and gave you a short sweet kiss before you both turned to those gathered in the Great Sept with your hands interlocked. Everyone cheered as you both stood there with smiles plastered across your faces before walking down the steps and into a carriage that took you to your wedding feast.

You and Tommen both found the feast boring and neither of you wanted to sit through it. You both said your greetings to all the people it was required for you to as you both sat in the middle of the long table. Not too long into the feast once you had each said what you needed to Tommen leaned across his chair to whisper in your ear.

'Do you want to get out of here?' Tommen asked as his lips slightly brushed against your ear.

You smiled and nodded in return signalling your eagerness to leave. The both of you stood up and Tommen reached out his hand behind him as he turned to leave. You brushed your hand against his and held him by your fingertips as you followed him off the platform you were standing on. As you began to leave the feast Cersei walked over to you and you panicked that she wasn't going to let you leave. She looked towards Tommen and asked,

'May I speak to y/n alone?'

'Yes, go ahead,' Tommen let go of your hand and walked off to give you space. You hated how people out of Dorne would talk right past you and to the nearest man.

'As the Wife of Tommen, and the Queen to the Seven Kingdoms it is your duty to produce an heir. So know that we are all expecting one, other wise you no longer become useful to us,' Cersei looked down on you. You didn't break eye contact with her as you offered her a small nod of acknowledgment.

You left Cersei and regained your spot next to Tommen, grabbing his hand again to hold properly. You followed Tommen as he began to lead you towards the gardens of the Red Keep. You both strolled through them, hand in hand. You both walked in comfortable silence just listening to the faint sound of people talking and the music that played back at the feast you had left. 

You let go of Tommen's hand as you eventually had reached and the end in the pathway Tommen and yourself had been following down when you were met with a gorgeous circular fountain which was surrounded by more pathway. The area was enclosed by tall trees and the floor was coated with pink and white flowers. 

Tommen turned to you and reached out his hand for you to retake. You thought nothing of it as you placed your hand in his. Without a word Tommen pulled you by your hand closer to himself and placed his other hand onto your waist. Tommen began to sway the two of you to the music that was faintly playing in the background. 

The two of you just stood there slowly swaying back and forth when you leaned your head onto his shoulder.

A/N: oopsies I forgot to publish. butttttt say thanks to the other writer on this account for forcing me to pick this back up. anywayssss merry christmas and happy new year, if you guys want to request any future scenes for this story then we will definitely take them into consideration.

The two of us on this account are thinking about writing a oneshot book so if you guys have any people or requests for that then don't hesitate to let us know. They also don't have to be from Game of Thrones, it can be ANYONE