One Step Closer - 9 💕

47.

[EVENING]

48.

Mr. Park took Jungkook to a nice restaurant for dinner. It wasn't overly expensive but not cheaper either. It was modest, offered decent privacy, and was occupied mostly by middle-class patrons, which made Jungkook comfortable.

Jungkook wore one of the scented t-shirts Mr. Park had offered, feeling safe and protected. The alphas who were eying him as if he was their next meal didn't look at him twice and that was a win in his text book.

He ate everything Mr. Park ordered without complaining. His thoughts still swirled, but at least the immediate future wasn't uncertain anymore.

After dinner, Mr. Park took him to his new accommodation. Jungkook gasped when he realized where he was. The student accommodation for upper-class students was absolutely out of his financial reach, but the car strolled into that place as if they owned it.

"Come on," Mr. Park urged, and a guard rushed toward them, bowing multiple times in greeting. "Sungmin-ah, this is my friend's son I told you about. Jeon Jungkook. Keep an eye on him for me, will you?"

"Absolutely, sir." The security guard was a middle-aged beta and wore a kind smile. Jungkook bowed back in respect. He was working class just like his father once was. The security glanced behind him. "Did you bring your bags, Jungkook-ssi?"