One Step Closer - 117💕

Timeline of these events: 

- Friday - They went to the elite club 

- Saturday - Hye-Jin contacts JM and he finds out about the leak 

- Sunday - Jikook date and JM meets with his mom 

- Monday - JM confronts the board. The upcoming events are also happening on Monday.

***

535.

Shin Na-Rae waltzed into the sets fashionably late, chewing her gum and balancing her iced Americano in one hand while she swished her expensive rhinestone sling bag in the other. Several heads turned in her direction and she threw a casual wave at them, ignoring their greetings as usual.

If she had paused for a moment or saw their faces, or took a moment to access her surroundings she'd have noticed the unusual buzz in the sets. Her chic outfit turned heads in her direction. There were murmurs and she brushed them aside as usual. She was known for her fashion sense and bold choices. And Na-Rae used to be the center of attention so she welcomed the murmurs with a smug smile.

Little did she know the buzz around her wasn't for her at all. There was more crowd in the sets today, which didn't make sense. The shoot was at nine but it was already eleven. Not that she bothered with the timings. Whenever she walked into the sets was the time of the shoot.

As she made her way through the sets, she was oblivious to the palpable energy that was crackling in the atmosphere. Something was different but she couldn't pinpoint it. She sipped her coffee, flaunted her rhinestone bag she purchased recently. It was her prized possession, one of the latest releases if she may add. She was sure several eyes would notice that tiny detail.

She noticed a few crew members sharing hushed whispers as soon as they saw her entering, their attention momentarily diverted from the hustle and bustle around them. Na-Rae rolled her eyes internally. They had nothing better to do. She continued to walk, unaware of the mysterious commotion.

With a flick of her hair, she strutted past the bustling staff and to the room to get her makeup done. As she entered the room, her make-up artist, Eun Ae greeted her with a surprised look on her face. "Na-Rae, what are you doing here?"

"What do you mean what I'm doing?" Na-Rae cocked an eyebrow, smacking her lips as she circled around the chair to sit. "Where's everyone?"

"You can't sit there." She was stopped before she could sit.

"Huh? Since when?" Na-Rae looked at the seat and then at the artist. "Did you forget why I'm here?"

Eun Ae looked unfazed. "No, but the shoot is almost over. So I'm asking you again. Why are you here? There's no other schedule I'm unaware of."

Na-Rae looked flabbergasted for a moment. "You're fucking with me." She hopped on the chair. "Don't waste my time. Get me ready soon. I have other plans after the shoot."

But Eun Ae didn't move. "This is not a prank. I'm honestly puzzled since I was informed last night that you will no longer represent Laneige."

"What?" Na-Rae paused. "What do you mean I'll not represent Laneige?"

Eun Ae frowned. "That's something you should be discussing with your manager."

Na-Rae clenched her jaw. That stupid manager. She fired him two days ago and was yet to hire another one. "Whatever. Where's the director?"

"At the sets."

Na-Rae stood and stormed to the sets. Did her manager screw up? Impossible. She had already confiscated his phone and laptop. There was no way he could have done something. Besides, this was already added to her schedule.