✩ 3 · The Druid ✩

HELLO HELLOOO. 

This chapter is a little bit more focused on Evelyn's family, and it's something that might be surprising but you won't care THAT MUCH because you don't really know Evelyn's family so much but it will be important for THINGS to HAPPEN.

Anyways i just hope you enjoy and i'm so excited for you to know about the future stuff i have in my mind cus UGHHH i love Max and Evelyn.

☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆

I left the bike on the ground and looked around, not searching for anything, just analyzing my first views. I saw Will, and then remembered about him, so I walked faster towards where he was.

"Hey, Will." I said when I got to him, starting to follow his steps. If it was Lucas or Dustin, maybe I wouldn't have gone to say hello, but I was worried about Will, so I did.

He looked at me. "Oh, hey."

"How are you? You know, like.. after what happened yesterday?"

"Fine. Mike got me home." He answered softly, without showing much interest in the situation.

"I'm glad you're okay." I smiled.

Lots of people were looking at us, I didn't know if it was because of Will or because of me, but I didn't care.

I'd just approached him to make sure he was okay, but we ended up talking until we got to class. He sat at Mike's side and I went at the end of the class, as always.

When Max arrived at her seat, she turned at me.

"Hi." She said.

"Hi." I answered, and she turned again, to watch the teacher. (cute hi's are queer stuff yk)

"The case of Phineas Gage is one of the greatest medical curiosities of all time." Mr Clarke started explaining. "Phineas was a railroad worker in 1848 who had a nightmarish accident. A large iron rod was driven completely through his head." He drew a line over a picture of a human skull. "Phineas miraculously survived. He seemed fine. And physically, yes, he was. But his injury resulted in a complete change to his personality.."

It might be the first time I was listening to what the teacher was saying, and then I realized how Max was looking at Will, maybe thinking of what happened the day before. Will turned to look at her for a second and she quickly turned her gaze to the window.

Suddenly the door opened with a loud blow and everyone looked at Dustin, who I didn't realize wasn't here until now, he walked into the class breathing heavily.

"I am so sorry, Mr Clarke." He said while walking towards his seat. "Really, I'm so sorry. Please continue with the class. Don't mind me. Really, continue, please. Thanks." He kept repeating.

The teachers started talking again. "Although it wasn't a crowbar, it was a rod, as I said..."

The four boys put their heads together and seemed to be conversing, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. Then Dustin turned to see me and Max, he said something whispering and chewing his words so that we could understand, but I didn't.

"Dustin!" The teacher called his attention.

"Yes, my lord?"

"Would you care to join the class now?"

"Please, yes." The guy said and started searching for something in his bag.

"The case of Phineas Gage."

"Phineas Gage." He repeated, I rolled my eyes at the way he was talking.

"Page 104."

"104, 104."