✩ 4 · Fine ✩

Chapter four hello hello.
THIS CHAPTER HAS A VERY SPECIAL SCENE AT THE END IM SO EXCITED (it is for me at least HSHA)

⚠️very clear verbal abuse AND short mention of anorexia⚠️

☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆

The alarm sounded, but I haven't gone to sleep. I stopped it, and it sounded four more times while I was still in bed, although I didn't sleep at all. My gaze was on the ceiling, until I turned to turn the sound of the fifth alarm off.

"Shut up" I complained, as if it could listen to me.

I didn't want to, but I stood up and headed to the bathroom. I watched myself in the mirror. My eyelids were almost hanging, my eyes were redder and more swollen than normal, weird, because I hadn't cried at all either, and circles under my eyes were visible, although they weren't much darker than normal.

After changing myself into a clean big T-shirt, without bothering to change the pants I wore yesterday, and also the whole night, I started to walk downstairs.

In the living room, there was my brother, sitting on the table eating his breakfast.

"There's egg and some cereal in the kitchen, if you want." Alex said, when I arrived.

I shook my head. "I don't, thank you."

"Evelyn, you didn't eat last night either."

"I'm not hungry." I insisted

"So now you're not just dikie, but you're also anorexyc?" Mum's voice entered the room.

(AN: I feel the need to clarify that she does not have any type of problem with food, she just does not feel well today)

"Mum-" My brother tried to speak, but the woman wouldn't let him.

"Evelyn?" She asked for my attention.

"What, mum?" I said, not wanting to have any type of conversation with her.

"Your alarm sounded like a hundred times this morning. Do you want to wake up the whole house or what? because you did." She pointed to herself, blaming me, with an ironic tone.

"I'm sorry. I'm leaving for school now."

"Yes, leave, because you're late. And we don't want you here." She shook her hands as if I were dust to be cleared.

"Mum, shut the fuck up." Alex defended me.

"No, you shut up. Oh my god what kind of slags have I brought to the world. No wonder your father is dead." She spoke, as I put my shoes on.

My brother stood up and approached me. He already had his old converse's on, so he opened the door when I finished.

"Let's go, I'll drive you."

☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆⋆☆

I knocked at the classroom door and entered, I was late, so as the teacher stopped talking, everyone looked at me.

"Sorry I'm late" I apologized, not really meaning it, because I wasn't sorry.

"Hi, miss Johanson." Said the mathematics professor. "join the class, now, if you may."

I nodded, and without saying anything else, I sat, as always, at the final row, next to Max. Who had sat behind too, and immediately turned and asked.

"Where were you yesterday? Something crazy happened, Will-" and she probably noticed my expression of non-care when I looked at her, because she interrupted herself. "Are you okay?"