02 Haerin's Revenge

Kim Minji realized that it was a reference to what she had said that night. She smiled and addressed Kang Haerin, "Miss Kang."

Kim Minji was still dressed in a suit and tie, which both pleased and annoyed Kang Haerin.

As she contemplated whether to playfully kick Kim Minji, the door suddenly opened.

In walked CEO Park, Manager Lee, and three other members of NewJeans.

CEO Park said, "This is Kim Minji from Nexus Consulting, the company we had a meeting with last time. And this is Manager Lee, you've met her before. Lastly, here is the only girl group in our company, NewJeans: Hanni, Danny, Haerin, and Hyein."

CEO Park made the introductions.

Kim Minji smiled and nodded greetings to everyone, and Kang Haerin responded with a smile, pretending not to recognise her.

Kim Minji played along with the pretence, and from the outside, it seemed like nothing had changed between them. However, Kang Haerin was the only one who noticed the mischievous smirk playing at the corner of Kim Minji's mouth.

The meal they shared together could hardly be described as normal.

The conversation predominantly revolved around CEO Park and Kim Minji, with CEO Park asking questions and Kim Minji responding, occasionally with Manager Lee offering her input. The discussion primarily focused on business topics, including stocks, mergers and acquisitions, and the current state of development.

Kim Minji maintained her composure and engaged confidently in the dialogue with CEO Park. In a half-joking, half-complaining manner, CEO Park added, "We were actually waiting for you during our last meeting!"

To this, Kim Minji replied, "My bad. If I had known I would have the chance to meet New Jeans, I would have come running."

As she spoke, her gaze remained fixed on CEO Park.

Meanwhile, Haerin pretended to be deeply absorbed in her own thoughts, intentionally ignoring the ongoing conversation.

Did I mention the fact that she was seated to Kim Minji's right side?

Thanks to Manager Lee, who had taken Haerin's initial seat and now sat across from Kim Minji, Haerin had no choice but to reluctantly occupy the only remaining seat, finding herself sandwiched between Hyein and Kim Minji.

After concluding the business discussion, the conversation transitioned to more personal topics.

As they talked, it became apparent that Kim Minji had been truthful. She shared that she had spent her childhood abroad, and the attractive man from the last meeting was indeed her brother, who had recently been promoted to a partner position. She also mentioned that her parents still lived overseas.

Among the group members, Hanni and Danny held Australian citizenship. The youngest member, Hyein, had a lively personality, and they all naturally joined the conversation, chatting with Kim Minji.

Meanwhile, Haerin silently enjoyed her meal. Known for her reserved nature within the group, everyone had grown accustomed to her quiet demeanor.

"Haerin is a bit shy," Manager Lee commented.

At the mention of Haerin's name, Kim Minji, who was about to take a sip of water, paused for a moment.

"I see," she said, without even glancing at Haerin, and continued to drink her water.

"Haerin is the chill and easygoing type, so let's just go with the flow and take it easy," CEO Park mentioned during the conversation.

Continuing on, she turned to Kim Minji and asked, "So, Minji, you're 25 years old, right?"