12 Don't Cry

12 Don't Cry

Kim Minji continued, "So? It's a fact that he messed up at work! Protecting the artist is his responsibility, but he failed!"

Haerin countered, "He did fine! I didn't get hurt!"

Kim Minji pressed on. "Don't you know what happened? On the valley he took you? A week ago, a random innocent student, got stabbed! By a homeless guy! Twelve times! Only for a few thousand Korean won! When the ambulance got there, the person was dead! So dead!"

After the not-so-pleasant conversation with Hart's manager that day, Kim Minji found the alley oddly familiar. Checking the news, she learned about the incident.

"Just getting caught on camera, so what! You can do whatever you want as long as you are alive!" Kim Minji scoffed. "Ever think about what you'd do if something happened to you? Twelve stabs, guts all over the place, and you wouldn't want that in the news."

No wonder that day Seungwoo oppa said Kim Minji somehow managed to navigate the car through the small alley and parked it in front of the TV station.

Haerin questioned, "So, it is you who talked to CEO Park?"

Kim Minji admitted instantly, "Yeah."

Haerin, frustrated, remarked, "You find fun in others' suffering, don't you? You just don't care at all..."

Haerin's words seemed to strike a nerve with Kim Minji. She finally put away her cold attitude and said, "Kang Haerin, do you live in a bubble?"

"What?"

"You think you're the only one who's been through this kind of stuff?"

"You think I could land a decent job because I have a brother, and I go to work everyday just to put on a show?"

"Attending a sunbae's party is annoying, but dealing with Kim Minjae is even more irritating."

Observing Haerin's expression, Kim Minji sneered, "Gosh, you don't think... I certainly know you don't like him!" She paused and added, "One of the reasons Ryan wants to collaborate with CEO Park is to make money. CEO Park is generous. The money will finally be taken by H Group if it doesn't go to NC. Then it's you! You are the main reason!"

"If I go to your company, I can keep an eye on you for Ryan!"

Taking a sip from the water Haerin didn't accept, she continued, "These things might seem abstract to you, right? They might have no impact on you. I'm sure CEO Park has taught you. Just keep Ryan interested, neither yes nor no. NC won't be able to take your company public indefinitely. There's a time limit for going public. You just need to drag it out until the IPO!"

"But it's different for me! My dad and Ryan are determined to pull me out of my current project just because they want to start a company here in the future. I've already get almost everything done in the United States. Do you know how annoying those Japanese from Bridgestone are! But now, without my consent, I have to go to your company. Do you think I'm willing to get involved into the shambles in the entertainment? One moment, they want me to come to Seoul, the next, they want me to leave the project I started from scratch. No one has ever asked for my opinion! Do you think only you have no choice in this world? Am I not a puppet on strings?"

"I've always been told that I should feel grateful for having such a good brother who treats his sister well. CEO Park wants you on a magazine and Ryan can't handle it, so he left it to me! It's not the first time that I've taken care of such crap. What kind of good brother would make his little sister sleep with a stranger?"

"Is it Rebecca?" Haerin suddenly asked.

Kim Minji didn't respond, simply continuing to drink water.

Kim Minji had spoken impulsively, and she knew she wasn't supposed to say such things to Haerin. Regretting her words, she silently moved to the kitchen sink. That spot was the farthest from Haerin in the entire room.