Chapter 2

Alyssa's POV

I awoke to the sound of beeping, the smell of sanitizer and an obnoxious incandescent light shinning in my eye, "you're awake!" A young mans voice came from beside me, making me jump out of my skin. I cowered back, nearly falling off the bed, "woah woah, you're safe. I'm not going to hurt you i promise." When my eyes finally focused i found a pair of soft brown eyes looking back at me, the eyes of the man who i saw coming into help us. I finally relaxed a bit but kept my distance, my back firmly pressed against the handrail of the hospital bed i was sitting in. "How did i get here and who are you?" I asked in a hushed voice, a voice that id only come to adopt recently. I've never been meek person but after a beating or twenty from grown men I learned to keep my voice and eyes down.

"I'm Dr. Spencer Reid, im an agent for the FBI's behavioral analysis unit and today we raided the trafficking ring that you were being held by. Several of the other girls are here being checked out as well but when our team came in and found you passed out we immediately brought you here. The doctor will be in shortly to talk to you but first i have to ask you a few questions, if-i mean if that's okay with you." He chuckled awkwardly, rambling and stumbled over his words ass he spoke. It made me feel instantly more comfortable and eventually a scooting away from the handrail, "uh sure, what do you want to know?" I asked, rubbing my stomach that was sore from whatever i did to it earlier but i was also starving.

"Are you hungry? That's a stupid question, im going to call and get you something to eat first." He jumped up from his seat and reaching for the call bell, "its Okay, you don't have to-" i was cut off by a nurse answering the call. "Hi, can someone please bring something to eat and drink to room 410, miss Watson just woke up and id hungry." He said, nodding to himself reassuringly when he finished his sentence like he'd rehearsed it. She said she'd be there shortly before hanging up, "see, no problem at all. Now, miss Watson, what can you tell me about the day you were abducted?" He asked, flipping to a blank page in his notebook and clicking open a pen, "you can just call me Alyssa Dr Reid." I said, fidgeting with the edge of my hospital down.

I had to admit the more i looked at him the more attractive he became. Sure he was awkward and shy but that made him all the more handsome. I mean, he looked quite young but i had to remind myself that if he was a doctor he had to be a lot older than he looked. "Well Alyssa, if we're going to be on a first name basis then you can call me Spencer." He looked up at me shyly through his shaggy midlength hair. The look alone bringing a blush to my cheeks which i tried to suppress. "Okay, Spencer, uhh it was a sunday night, April first and i was making my way across campus to my dorm. Id been studying at a friends dorm room that night and lost track of time. It was eerily quiet aside from an inconsistent rustling in the bushes along the path." Spencer nodded along, taking his notes and occasionally looking up at me.

I took a deep breath before continuing"before i knew it i felt a hand being clamped over my mouth and a pinch in my neck. When i woke up i was almost completely naked with a gag in my mouth, i realized that i was in a dark and damp room with 2 girls o recognized from class. They quickly explained to me what was happening before the principals husband came into the room and-" i winced, holding back tears as i recalled the events of the worst night of my life. "Its okay, you did great Alyssa. We'll give you a call if we need any more information or if we have any updates.The nurse should be in soon with your food so be sure to eat and rest up." He said with a tight lipped yet genuine smile before grabbing his things and scurrying out the door.

I watched the door for a moment, my head swimming with thoughts of the gentile man that sat before me not long ago. Shortly after a nurse came in holding a cafeteria tray which held some food but mostly medical supplies, "im glad to see you're awake and doing well Alyssa. My name is Madison and i will be your nurse for the duration of your stay. I brought you a couple things to snack on since i wasn't sure what you liked and I'm also going to change your fluids, re up your pain killers and change your bandages while im here." The middle aged woman smiled at me as she fiddled with the IV poll, hooking up random plastic bags and tubes before changing out some of my bandages.

The force of me throwing myself on the floor opened up a not fully healed wouldn't from a while back which is what caused the bleeding. I tried to stay calm while she changed my bandages but they were very sore, especially the one on my stomach which had several stitches in it. "That one tender?" She asked politely, a silent apology evident in her eyes. "Yeah, guess its worse than i thought." I chuckled nervously hoping she wouldn't ask me what it was from. A client from last week had a thing for knives and went way too far, i don't know how i managed to get myself back to the warehouse. We weren't allowed to refuse a client no matter how crazy, dangerous or degrading their requests and fetishes were.

She left me to pick at my ham sandwich and jello cup until the doctor walked in and introduced herself has Dr. Monroe which made me smile as it reminded me of Mel. "How is Melanie doing?" I asked before even thinking to ask about myself. "Melanie is just fine. She has some cuts and scrapes but she's in great spirits so i have no doubt that she'll be just fine." She smiled solemnly at me while taking a seat at my bed side. "What is it?" I asked, knowing by the look on her face that something was in fact wrong. "You're pregnant Miss Watson, nearly 18 weeks to be exact." She offered up quietly, a look of pity in her eyes. In that moment my whole world stopped and i didn't know what to do next.

Spencers POV

"How were they?" Hotch asked as i walked into the police department. "Leah is fine if not shaken up by the whole situation which is normal. Melanie is severely dehydrated and malnutrition but im not 100% sure about Alyssa." I trailed off, pouring myself a cup of coffee before sitting across from him. "What do you mean?" He raised an eyebrow, telling me yo explain, "She had a laundry list of things wrong with her Hotch, she's malnourished, bradycardic, her iron is dangerously low, shes severely underweight, she has more cuts, burns and bruises than anyone ive ever seen... and her stomach..." I rambled all while Hotch just listened, "well you said it yourself, bloating is common with malnutrition." I nodded, "yeah you're probably right." Was all i could say but in the back of my head i knew it was something more.