Chapter 4

Spencer's POV

"Something isn't sitting well with me" Alyssa sighed as we got into the car. Hotch had sent us out to speak to a well known pimp in the area, one that was believed to be the pimp to all 5 girls that were found. "Why? Whats wrong?" I asked, pulling out of the lot where we'd been parked. "I don't know, he just didn't seem phased at all by the pictures we showed him. You'd think a pimp would be mad that someone is killing his girls. Usually these pimps have a close almost familial relationship with their charges since they make him money but this guy, nothing. Not only was he not phased but he wanted to keep seeing them even when he confirmed who they were like he was admiring his work." She finished and i nodded along. I had to admit I was very impressed with her profiling skills.

"Honestly i felt the same, lets give hotch a call." I said and she nodded, pulling out her cellphone and dialing. The phone rang a few times before he picked up, "hi hotch, we just finished talking with Terrell and something seemed off." She explained her thinking to him and he agreed that his behavior was odd. When we got back to the station we found them on a video call with Penelope, "What have you found for us baby girl?" Morgan asked her as we watched her on the laptop. "Terrell Jones has not been a very good boy. He has a long list of past charges including but not limited to assault, attempted manslaughter, unlawful possession of a gun and several counts of rape. Ick." She cringed as she read off her screen.

"Did you end up getting a DNA match from the coroner JJ?" Rossi asked as she walked back into the room from taking a phone call. "The DNA belonged to Terrell Jones." She confirmed. "Lets go get this scum bag." Morgan shot up from his seat and we all made our way to the cars. "You ready for your first case to be over?" I asked Alyssa as we climbed into the back seat of Hotch's car. "Honestly a little. Its been a long 2 days." She chuckled nervously, throwing her hair up into a ponytail which i had to admit looked great on her. "Yeah it has. Well thanks to you were about to finish it. Very good work kid." Rossi said, looking over his shoulder into the back seat. "Thanks, i try." She laughed awkwardly and it made my heart swell. I wish i could hear her laugh all day.

~

"Great work team, have a good rest of your evening and we'll see you all back here tomorrow to finish off the paperwork. And Alyssa." Hotch said as we walked into the office. She lifted her head from her phone and looked up at him nervously. "Very good work today, welcome to the team." He said with a slight smile before disappearing into his office. She let out a sigh of relief, tucking her phone back into her pocket as she put her bag down on her desk, the desk that was directly across from mine. "He is right you know, your quick thinking with Terrell is what got us to close the case so fast." I told her. "Thanks Spencer it means a lot coming from you." She smiled sheepishly at me as she gathered up her belongings and packed them away in her bag.

"On that note, i think we all deserve a drink. Who's with me?" Morgan asked with a smile, zipping up his bag. "Oh im in." Emily smiled giddily, throwing her bag over her shoulder. "Im in too, ill tell Will to bring Henry to my moms house and he can meet us there." JJ said, pulling out her phone and dialing her husband Will. "You coming Alyssa?" I asked, glancing up at her as she made her way around the desk towards the door. She stopped her a moment before looking down at the phone in her hand as it lit up, a new message coming through on her screen. "I can't tonight, have a drink for me. I'll see you all tomorrow!" She called out her apology as she practically ran out of the office. We all looked at each other for a moment, no one saying anything as we shared confused glances.

"Well that was odd, from the conversations we had the last 2 days she struck me as someone who liked to go out." Emily said. "Maybe those stories were a thing of the past and she doesn't drink anymore?" JJ offered. "Guys she's probably just tired. It was a long 2 days. I mean who of us started their first day with flying out to a different state to investigate a string of murders?" I asked rhetorically and everyone agreed that that was a huge deal and she probably just wanted to rest. "Well, she said to have a drink for her so in her honour i think that drink should be on you pretty boy." Morgan laughed and the whole group agreed while i just shook my head at their rowdiness. I eventually agreed and we headed out but i couldn't deny the thought at the back of my head that i wished she came with us.

Alyssa's POV

"Hey guys, im home!" I called out as i walked in the front door. "Mommy!" Madison called out, running out of the living room and jumping into my arms. I shrugged off my bag and carried her into the kitchen where i found Melanie setting the table while Bailey followed closely behind her, setting a fork at each of the place sets. "How was your first 2 days?" Melanie asked as i set Maddy down and took my seat beside her. "It was great, i mean stressful as hell but i never felt more alive." I chuckled, picking up the bowl infront of me and putting salad on my plate. "Language!" Both the girls exclaimed at the same time making Melanie and I laugh. "You're right im sorry." I chuckled, picking up my fork.

"And your coworkers?" She asked, scooping food onto Bailey's plate before making her own. "They're all so nice and so so smart. And you'll never guess whos still there..." I trailed off as she dropped her fork and gasped in excitement. "Doctor Reid is still there? What does he look like, is he still hot?" She asked making me laugh while the girls looked between us in confusion. "Mel we've talked about this, i need to be professional. I finally got my dream job and im not going to mess that up for some guy." I paused for a moment while she looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "okay fine yes, he's even better looking now but my first point still stands. I don't care how hot he is, work comes first and that's final."

~

"Mommy?" Maddy asked, "What is it Mads?" I sat down on the edge of her bed, pulling the covers over her, "who's Doctor Reid?" She asked, "Doctor Reid is someone mommy and Aunt Melanie knew a long time ago and i work with him now." I smoothed down her hair, tucking it behind her ear as i spoke. "Okay, do you and Aunt Melanie have a crush on him?" She asked making me blush. "Its a little more complicated than that. He helped us through a bad thing when we were young so he means a lot to us. Time for bed, we need to get this sleep schedule on track before school starts." She gave me a kiss goodnight before rolling over. I went back to my room to get ready for bed and spent the rest of the night trying not to think about Spencer Reid.