Chapter One

"Wear a jacket, don't forget your things, use your magic when you're in danger, eat a lot of food, make friends and......" I stopped her before she choked on her words. "Mum, I'll be fine, don't worry about me." I gave her one last hug and heard a beeping noise above me. It was my portal, my very own ride to the academy.
       " Well, this is me." I took a step back and took in a good breath of home and Mum as I braced myself for whatever was on the other side of that portal. I'd been here all my life and I was finally old enough to join the academy. Mum waved goodbye and I smiled in return, levitating myself and my bags off the ground into the portal above me.

Name: Nessa Reign
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Silver blonde
Skin color: Light brown
Age: 17 years
Magical division: Mynite
Ability: Levitation

        "Ok Nessa, move to the assembly hall where you'll be addressed." A tall lady in glasses said as she telepathically spoke in my mind. I furrowed my brows a little bit confused before she smiled and added "Giant hall with a lot of people, can't miss it. Welcome to the academy."
         I nervously levitated my bags as I walked passed the not so helpful lady into the huge gates of the academy.
"Giant hall can't miss..." I stopped midway as I stood in front of the massive hall with thousands of students.
        'That lady was not joking when she said giant.' I thought as I scoffed inwardly and made my way inside. The hall instantly became dark and the lights were turned back on in five seconds.
         A young lady with long blonde hair that flowed all the way down her back flew in on a broom, she jumped down from the broom whilst in the air doing a summersault, minimized her broom with a spell and caught a wand instead of a broom when it came falling.
         I thought I had landed in some kind of beauty pageant because the flaire gown that lady was wearing was way too short. She finally stopped smiling when she realized she wasn't getting applauded and began to speak.
         "Welcome students from the four divisions to the Magic Academy. The academy is an institute for interaction and training. My name is Miss Izzaline Stone and I would like you all to meet my fellow cabin heads. "Miss Diana Tann, a mind reader from the Western division and the cabin head of the second years."
         An averagely tall woman walked in in a black jumpsuit with pockets sorrounding her hips and matching black boots. Miss Izzaline introduced her as Miss Ella Norwood a.k.a the head cabin official and she was responsible for the third years.
          Miss Ella came forward as Miss Izzaline moved back so she could address us. "Listen up, as you already know, the academy is on an island and the island is divided into two parts. A side for boys and the other for girls. Miss Izzy if you would?"
        "Certainly." At that Miss Izzaline raised her left hand in the air, took a knee and placed her left hand on the ground. Immediately creating a portal that sucked all the boys in the hall into it.
         Everyone gasped in shock at how fast the portal sucked up all the boys in a second and Miss Ella continued talking like nothing happened.

'Note to self. Do not anger Miss Ella.'

         "I won't lie to you. This isn't some summer camp where we have fun and make friends. Not all of you will graduate and not all you will have what it takes to survive in the academy but if you work hard and train, you'll become warriors that will defend and protect the world. Good luck first years."
           The hall drowned in silence when she stopped talking because of the whole protecting the world speech. "Izzy, please get I and Diana out of here. I'm tired" Miss Ella dragged lazily and the second Miss Izzaline did, I wished I never came here.
          "Listen here brats, I'm a very busy woman and I do not have time to be all love and support to you guys. If you've got problems, you're on your own. Got it?" We all nodded confused because we didn't know what the heck was up with her.

'Whatever happened to little miss beauty queen?'

      "First years, you will be in Area beast and you are expected to not go further than this area. Offenders will be punished." She stressed and with her current mood, I didn't want to know what she did to offenders. "In area beast, there are two cabins. In cabin one we have;

Vinna Caldwell
Nessa Reign
Bailey Storm
Jennifer Lee
Brie McAdams
Sarah Jamison
Bethany Lovett
Sasha Johanneson
Amity Forrester and
Harley Summers

        "Well, step forward, I don't have all day." She snapped. I pushed my way to the front, levitating my bags with me as I stood with the other girls she called. She rolled her eyes as the last girl joined us and let out a good luck before she sucked the ten of us into a portal with a snap of her finger.