Chapter Five

Nessa's POV
        I walked into Mynite class and had a look around. The class was filled with tiny bits of murmur that soon dropped down when three girls walked in. I slightly tilted my head a little confused that the mere presence of three girls could make the entire class go silent.
        "Those three are trouble." A voice whispered, making me instinctively look behind to see a chubby brunette. I knew she caught me already looking at her but she chose to ignore me and go on.

'Wow, I'm getting snobbed and receiving attention at the same time.'

      "The girl with the black pixie haircut is Lola Peterson. Her parents are one of the wealthiest magicals in the world. The brunette with olive skin, Veronica Stewart, a descendant of Queen Veronica and her ability's super speed just like Queen Veronica. Lastly, Christina Park, simply put, she's a high class bully."
          "Thank you?" I replied unable to understand how I was to respond to someone I didn't even talk to. "I'm Elly Nickson by the way." She said with a smug.
       I nodded my head wide eyed as I tried to process her kind of personality. "Nessa, Nessa Reign." I said with a smile as I tried not to judge her upbringing.
           After the wave of awkwardness painfully washed away, a young man with glasses walked in and made his way to the front of the class where he climbed up the podium. "I am Mr Vincent and I will be your Mynite teacher but first, we'll do a little bit of history."
          "Sorry grandpa but this is Mynite class."
         At that moment, the only thing that wasn't shocked was probably the classroom clock hanging on the wall. The classroom held it's silence like we were waiting for Mr Vincent to react.
           He stepped down the stairs of the podium and walked slowly towards the student that had spoken out of manners. "Christina Park, Mynite, hair manipulation and 18 years old. In preparation for the blood festival, I was going to give a quick history on the blood benders but it appears there is going to be a little lesson for my first class."
          "Christina, shall we duel?"
         I had a lot of thoughts in my head as I watched them walk outside to an open space and the rest of us stood at the entrance of the class.
         They stood fifty meters apart and Christina  looked confident, too confident. When everyone was feeling the growing tension, I was anxious to see what hair manipulation looked like. "Begin." Mr Vincent said loud enough for everyone to hear. Christina's long blonde hair grew into a monstrous pile that crawled on each other like live insects.
          Her hair formed giant spears that she launched at Mr Vincent. He moved very quickly in response and dodged every single one. With every miss, she would strike harder and faster. She soon got frustrated at how none of her hair spears had managed to touch him.
          Mr Vincent stopped moving after her last attack took down a part of the classroom room wall. Her hair scooped him up and wrapped him in a tight squeeze before throwing him to the ground. He stood up from the floor and wiped the blood off his bottom lip.
         Christina mustered all her hair into one spear and charged it at Mr Vincent. My heart pounded seeing Mr Vincent stand still.

'Wait, why isn't he dodging? She's going to hit him any second.'

        Before the spear could even braise his clothes, Christina's hair fell to the ground before she followed, num on the floor. "W-what did you do to me?" She asked mixed with shock and panic. Mr Vincent heaved a sigh and dusted the dirt of his clothes.
         "Poison." He replied, "It wasn't easy getting a drop with that thick hair of yours. Had to let you strangle me a little so I could get closer."
          "Are you going to kill...." She asked shaking. "Kill you?" He laughed. "Why would I do that? I just need you to promise you won't disrupt my class again. "I promise sir." She quickly answered with heavy breaths.
            "Good." He squatted down and grinned at her before absorbing the drop of poison back into his body.

'If one drop paralyzed her entire body and temporarily took away her ability...... I'd hate to see how deadly his poison is when he's actually in a fight.'

            "Class dismissed." Mr Vincent turned around after he stood up and he started to walk away leaving Christina on the ground. "Hey, I mean sir? I still can't move." She spat as she miserably tried to move her body. He just shrugged with a blank expression.

"It will wear off in an hour."

       My heart sank when I heard what he said. It's official.....I just got myself a new phobia.