Recovering:

You woke up.. in a nice apartment.. with a wonderful view of the plaza & the square.. but this wasn't your apartment..

You laid there on the couch.. you then sat up..

"Morning.." a familiar voice said..

You looked behind the couch and saw Rider holding a cup of coffee coming towards the living room..

"oh, um- morning??" You then added.

Rider then sat next to you and put his arm around you..

"You doing alright Y/N?" Rider then asked you..

"..I don't really know.. my arms feel incredibly numb.. how long exactly was I out for..?"

"Well.. you've been out cold for around an hour.." Rider then answered.

"Oh.. um.. that's not.. that bad, is it?"

"Definitely.. what was the last thing you remembered?"

"..a shadow lurking above me.. I can assume that was you.."

"Yeah it was me.. I was watching your battle from.. a farther distance.. I saw what happened.. thought I'd-.. check on you.." Rider said a bit quieter at the end..

You were a little bit speechless..

"Speechless, eh?" Rider than asked, and you replied with a nod.

"mhm.."

"Would you like anything?"

"I'm alright.. thanks though.."

"You're welcome Y/N.."

You then proceeded to return home afterwards..

...

You arrived back at your apartment..

You should've been happy.. and you should've been partying.. but no-..

What Mask did is still bugging you.. and you keep getting constant shivers..

...

Not much after.. you started to starve.. so you had no choice, but to go to the crust bucket.. I guess that rest really did empty your stomach..

You then made it to the crust bucket after another train ride..

You ordered a medium stack.. and enjoyed your food..

But something felt.. wrong.. again- you felt another presence.. you thought this was supposed to be over.. didn't you get destroyed by Army? But then your remembered.. you beat Aloha..

They would never let you leave their sight..

You suddenly realized how serious Mask was about "No funny business" he was genuinely gonna go out of his way.. to make sure you NEVER touched the S4's turf..

But then you had your evil intentions and curiosity.. (yay me again)

What if.. you attempted to beat another S4 member?

It could end pretty badly.. but how exactly...?

You then realized you finished up your food.. so you paid and left for flounder heights.. 

Who ever said that achieving success didn't require getting into trouble.. am I right? (another reference to meh)

...

You got there at your scheduled recon time and started to practice against some practice dummies..

Then suddenly you got a notification from a squid force bot letting you know a higher rank has requested the same map as you at the same time, and that you'd have to share if you didn't pay a little bit of extra G.

You just went like.. "whatever" and decided to let them share.. you were low on G at the moment.. it shouldn't be that bad.. right?

...wrong

A few moments later.. a familiar inkling with a gas mask spawned into the other side of the map..

And you didn't even need to doubt, it was Mask from the S4.

...

You definitely should've paid extra..

The inkling walked towards you..

"we meet again.." Mask said.

"..." you just decided to nod instead..

You definitely weren't ready to have Mask supposedly beat you up again.. you were still healing after all..

He stared at you with a gloomy and a hint of anger in his expression.

"You aren't gonna distract me from practicing, you know." You then said.. reviving the conversation.. with a reality check.

"I don't need tooo.." Mask said.. which brought you the chills..

You then wondered.. what did he mean..

"What do you mean by that..?" You then asked..

"Why not find ouuuut..?" Mask said in a bit of an intimidating tone..

Then suddenly.. you got shot right in the head by a shot.. from a charger..

You immediately knew who that was from..

You respawned.. and then said

"What was that for!?"

But kept your tone a bit calmer.. you didn't want them to continue it..

"An angry Y/N? That's new..." Skull then said.. you were secretly starstruck that the strongest S+ rankers said your name.. but you were used to it..

This made you very agitated.. but you held back your anger..

or at least.. you tried to..

...

Then you came back towards your practice dummies and kept trying to practice.. ignoring that you were definitely being silently judged BY THE S+ GODS!

Then Skull shot you again.. for some apparent reason..

"You should get better at dodging, Y/N." Skull said and Mask agreed..

...although you appreciated the criticism.. a little bit.. that hurt you..

You then respawned silently.. they could always use this against you..

But before you we're gonna say more, your session was over..

"Dang it.." you murmured quietly.. and you all left the map..

Words: 758