Whiskey Peak

They had their farewell from Crocus and Laboon and also took the two strangers that Luffy knocked with them. They basically asked to go back to their home island called Whiskey Peak, and Luffy said it was fine.

"Can somebody please tell me why it's snowing?" Nami complained. "It was hot and sunny just a few minutes ago."

"That's how the Grand Line works, at least from what I remember." River answered, putting their hood on.

"What do you mean by 'remember'? You've been here before?"

"My mom's a part of a pirate group that's already in the Grand Line, so yes, I've been here before, but only as a baby. If my brother were here this would be much easier."

"You know, I never hear you talk about your family, just what are they?"

"Swordsmen. That's what most of my family is. It's a big family but is scattered across the world, so I only met like, ¼ of my family."

"HOW IS YOUR FAMILY THAT BIG?"

"Uh, boys not knowing how to keep it in their pants? I don't know. Anyway, my mom and my brother are both from the South Blue while I was born on the Grand Line. Again, like I said, this family is extremely scattered. She taught me and my brother how to use swords and we were with her and her crew a but until like...two or three years later when our mom thought we'd be safe if we stayed in the East Blue. We were taken care of by one of her friends until I accidentally did something stupid, which caused the marines to go after us..."

—————

"You copied my abilities!?" Koa exclaimed, watching his sibling hang from the ceiling by a white rop.

"Yeah! Took me a few years but now I guess I really am a witch." They say, holding out a bottle to their brother. "This is the bottle I made the fluid in!"

"Okay, that's cool, but what if the marines find out?!"

River swings off the ceiling and sits in front of Koa. "We'll just run away if they see us as a threat. And then they can't really blame Aunty Ali for anything because she's not even a pirate."

"We're gonna be runaways...?"

"Pretty much, or maybe only I am. Not like you helped with creating it."

"Well, I'll just go with you anyway! I'm your big brother, it'd be disgraceful for me to just let you suffer alone."

"When did you ever care about being disgraceful?"

"River, Koa! Come help me with dinner." Aunty Ali from downstairs.

"Coming, Aunty!" River replied before turning back to their brother and whisper, "Don't tell her anything, she doesn't deserve to be a part of this."

"...fine." Koa sighs.

—————

"The marines kicked down the door a week later, we guessed someone in the village told on us...Or they figured out who we're related to."

"This is the marines! We're here to arrest River and Koa!" The lieutenant shouted, standing in front of Ali who looked horrified.

"I-I'm sorry but they're not here...they said they left to go to the park, but may I ask, why do you want to arrest two innocent children?"

"Innocent?" The lieutenant laughs. "Ma'am, We figured out they were related to Angie Salem and that the youngest of her two children have been creating a weapon that could possibly cause mass destruction. This is extremely dangerous and we cannot trust them with this knowledge so we need to take them into custody. Have a good day ma'am and sorry to cause you trouble."