Drum Island (Part 2)

River quickly sat up.

"Shit, I fell asleep..." They muttered before realizing they were in a room...a much warmer room. It was filled with medical supplies and a big light hanging over them. "Did we make it...?"

"Yes you did." An old woman spoke walking towards them. "Your friend is quite the trooper..carrying all three of you as he climbed up the mountain, I'm surprised he's still alive."

"You mean Luffy?"

"Don't know his name, kid. But I do know that you shouldn't even be able to move right now."

"What? Why?"

"You just got surgery done on your stomach. If you look under your shirt, you'll see the stitches."

River looked under their shirt to see...yep. There's stitches.

"What made you eat wax? A dare?" The woman asked.

"A devil fruit. Anyway, that's not important, where are the rest of my friends?"

"They're all fine, don't worry. Right now, you're the first one to be awake."

"Good..."

"So...do you wonder how I've stayed so young?"

"No. But I did wonder what your name was."

"I'm Dr. Kureha, but just call me Doctorine."

"Yeah, sure." River nods, before their eyes caught sight of something small walking inside the room. It most likely didn't notice River yet because they walked up to Doctorine without even giving them a glance.

River focused more on its appearance and assumed it was some type of reindeer. Mainly because of the antlers...but the last time they checked (Or the last time Koa rambled to them about animals) reindeer didn't have blue noses...or walked on two legs...or wore a hat...???

"Doctorine."

Oh. They don't talk either.

"The orange haired girl just–"

It stopped. And stared. Right at River who was looking right back at them.

"IT'S AWAKE!" The reindeer screeched, before hiding behind the door. Or at least trying to.

"I thought it was the other way?" River questioned.

"Chopper, be quiet, everybody else is sleeping!" Doctorine scolded. "Anyways, one of your friends have woken up...The one with the terrible sickness. I'll go check on her. You can move around if you want, but you're not allowed to leave the castle until you're completely healed."

River was a bit shocked at her passive-aggressive tone and quietly nodded.

"Chopper, come with me, we'll check up on the girl together."

Chopper...the reindeer? Nodded and the two walked away.

...

...

"Did that deer just call me an 'it'?"

—————

"MEAT!!!" Luffy shouted as he and Sanji were chasing Chopper down around the castle.

"I ALREADY SAID TO LET ME COOK IT FIRST!!!!" Sanji argued.

"OKAY, THEN I'LL KILL IT FIRST!!!"

"WHAT THE HELL!?" Chopper screams.

They've been running around for at least 30 minutes now and Nami's starting to get pissed.

While the trio were running, River walked out of a room, right in front of them.