chapter two

Hey there..here goes chappy two. Thank you so much for meeting up to my goals. You guys don't know how much that means to me.

Keep reading....and just enjoy!!!

Don't forget the famous mantra is still on!!! Yipeee!!!!

I'm in my uncle's car and its a cold Thursday morning. Plus its raining outside. I'm nervous and excited ,both at the same time. That's what going to a new school in a new town does to me.

Trust me,its nerve-wracking.

So after unpacking the day before yesterday (I am most exceptionally proud of myself) ,my uncle and I talked about the schools around I.e in town and outside town and I ended up settling for the only school here I.e in town. River lake high.

According to uncle Frankie,its the best around.

I pull my sweater a liitle tighter across my middle. Its so cold.

"You okay back there?" My uncle calls from the driver's seat. Today he's wearing black jeans,a bright blue oversized sweater and a yellow soft cashmere shirt inside. Isn't that a little too bright for a gloomy rainy day?? I'm not surprised though. Its uncle Frankie after all.

"Yeah. Its just cold." I say,rubbing my arms together as I blow heat into my closed palms.
"Just a sec.I'd put on the heater." He grabs a bag from the passenger seat in front and hands it over to me at the back." Here."

I take it and reach inside. My hand grasps something soft and warm and I pull it out. Its a black leather jacket with a soft woolen inner material.

"Thanks." I tell him as I slip into it. He nods.

Why is he so quiet this morning? He's always interesting, even in his cool, calm, sedate state. I lean forward a little so I'm directly behind the driver's seat.

"What's up with you this morning??" He looks back at me with a little smile which doesn't quite reach his eyes. I just have a feeling he's going to try and lie to me. I just know. How many times do I have to prove to adults that I'm not a little girl anymore?? I'm an adult!

okay I'm not. At least Not yet. But its not like I'm not going to be,aye??

" what makes you think something's up?"

"I don't know. You just seem different." I say.

"I seem different how?" His voice gives away slight tension. What's wrong?

"Oddly quiet. What is it? Seriously ,you can tell me." I insist. He turns to look at me again. This time his eyes are.....curious and then mischievous.

" I'm perfectly fine. Nothing's wrong. I'm just trying to get inspiration for my next piece all in time for the exhibition in new york." He explains, turning the steering wheel to the left automatically leading is to another road.

"We're here." On impulse, I look out the window. There's a huge building in sight with a bold obvious sign reading RIVER LAKE HIGHSCHOOL.

The building looked old but sturdy. My new school. And I was supposed to make friends here?? Jesus!

Uncle Frankie maneuvered the car into the parking lot right in front of the main building and I feel my heart beats rise a notch. This better be worth it.