4| Distraction

She looked at the clock. It was still early. Microphone stared back at the ceiling. She dreamt about...no, nevermind. She sighed and tried to think about what happened yesterday instead...

The portal opened to reveal him standing there, as though he was waiting for us that entire time

'Hi there! Welcome to Hotel OJ, where you, as an eliminated contestant, can have the pleasure of-' he paused and stared at Fan.
'I've seen you before, haven't I?'
'Ah...you see..I, kinda, sneaked out?' he grinned sheepishly.

Suddenly, OJ grasps Fan, pulling him near. I think he was interrogating him...On the other hand, it looked like Fan was being harassed. I personally found that whole scene strange. It made me wonder if I should walk back into the portal again. Paper eventually came along to stop him and lead us to the rooms.

'Uh, can you show me later? I just want to catch up with some of the other contestants, if that's OK?' I piped up, feeling awkward as I was just...there, spectating when the little scenario happened.
'Sure. Come along you two then.' Fan and Test Tube follow him. Test Tube quickly shoots a glare at OJ. I think she also glared at me.

'No, no, don't you dare!'
'Prepare to face defeat!'
I followed the direction of the sound to find two objects having an intense video game match.
'Haha, victory is finally mine!'
'GRRRR!'
Soap raised her arms to probably shove Pickle off the couch before noticing me from the corner of her eye. She jumped up and embraced me.

'Mic!? You got eliminated!?'
'Yeah, hi Soap. Did you take up a new hobby?'
'More about that later. It's so good to see you! Well, actually, not really seeing as you're-'
'Mic? Soap mentioned a lot about you. It's nice to finally meet you.' Pickle joins the us.
'Hello there, Pickle. I suppose you're the gaming champion?'
He chuckled. Soap looked like she wanted him on a toothpick.
'Knife said hi.'
'Good to know. I suppose Knife talked about me too?'

I instantly felt uneasy. I mean, after everything that happened with her...
Thankfully, Soap dragged me away to talk about everything that occurred in the hotel. After telling me off for being eliminated.
'Yeah, so I'm extremely competitive when playing that game.'
'Is "extremely" an understatement?'

She laughed. It was somehow...wonderful to hear her do that. It reminded me how we finally had the chance to let loose and not think about the show.

'Oh, I also made a scrapbook! I need to show you!'
'Is this the same Soap I knew? Don't you mind getting your fingers dirty from the glue?'
'Ah, you see...' she lowered her voice, 'I have a secret stash of cleaning supplies here. But, OJ has been a good sport and kept the key to the door so I won't be tempted.' She grinned.
'Did I hear someone mention my OJ!?'
'Shoot, it's Salt! C'mon, Mic, we need to escape!'

'Did I hear someone mention my OJ!?''Shoot, it's Salt! C'mon, Mic, we need to escape!'

Microphone yawned and went downstairs. That wasn't distracting enough-
She stopped. Pickle whipped round and quickly hid the picture.
'Oh, morning Mic! You're up early.' he attempted to act nonchalant.
'I... couldn't sleep...Pickle, I...can I ask you something?'

'He WHAT!?''I'm sorry, sir, I can't find him-''"Sorry" isn't good enough! It was a fail-proof-' he paused

'He WHAT!?'
'I'm sorry, sir, I can't find him-'
'"Sorry" isn't good enough! It was a fail-proof-' he paused.
'Sir?'
'Ha. He can run as far as he likes. That would provide a perfect distraction...' he snickered under his breath.
'Sir? Are we still connected?'
'What? Oh, yes. You're dismissed.'