7| Trust

Everybody clapped as she ended the song.

'Woohoo!'

'That was amazing!'

'Another great performance!'

'Well done, Mic.'

She smiled bashfully as she stepped down, Soap's arms quickly wrapping around her.

'Heh, it wasn't anything too special.'

She looked over at Pickle who nodded at her. He waited until all the residents were minding their own business before approaching her.

'You know...I couldn't help thinking, on that day...' he shifted his eyes away from her, suddenly looking a bit uncomfortable.

Mic tilted her head to the side, confused.

'Which day?'

'The day you asked me...about the possibility of you performing in the hotel. It's great and all but...'

'You think I shouldn't do it anymore?'

'No, no! It's just...' he sighed.

Microphone placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed it.

'You can tell me.'

'...You could have asked OJ about it, seeing as he's the owner. But you asked me instead. I felt as though you really wanted to say...something else.'

She stared at him for a good while. She knows that it was not her true motive. But the problem was, she didn't know what his reaction would be. Therefore, she had stupidly waffled about the first thing that came to mind, which was chicken. Somehow, it led to birds, songs and her current position every evening.

'Mic?' he snapped his fingers, bringing her back to focus.

'Huh? Oh, um, funny how you say that...'

'Tell me.'

She opened her mouth, prepared to lie, but closed it. That would make me a liar...no, worse...like her...Was I really that obvious? Oh Pickle, I wish I could, but I don't want to do this to you...but...what if-?, there was a mental battle in her head.

'Fine, what I really wanted to say was...'

He looked at his hand

"He won't find me. It won't happen. Right?"

Pause.

"I'm absolutely safe. Nothing will go wrong!"

...

MePhone had surrounded himself with all sorts of random furniture. It gave him slight comfort, knowing he was surrounded by household items.

Hosting a reality show was what he always wanted. And when Adam gave him that opportunity, of course he had to take that chance. However, everything went into a new light when he realised Adam and...

"It's not my fault. How was I to know? Can't believe he was employed under...him..."

He sighed at his hand.

"Right when I was finally appreciating his presence, too. Huh, such a way to throw away my trust."

His mind then drifted to the remaining contestants. He looked around as he wiped cookie crumbs off himself.

"I suppose I should finish the season. But I'm afraid as well..."

He scrutinised his hand as though he would find the answer on it. He snorts.

"Why am I asking you? In fact, why am I talking to my own hand? None of this is helpful!"

"Hello!"

MePhone jumped at the familiar sound. He gaped at his hand.

"Did you...?"

Silence.

"Ugh, great, I'm hallucinating now."

However, the sound made him remember the reason that noise was familiar in the first place.

"...You're right!"

Exclaiming, he leapt up.

"I can't let there be another sacrifice because of me...because I refused to face him."

He generated some simple stationery tools, his decision made firm. He scribbled something and put it in an envelope.

"Thank you, 4S."