CHAPTER ELEVEN // Truths Unfold.

October, twenty second, 2007.

Rowen.

"What?"

I stood up suddenly, lohar following my actions as I stared at him with pure shock.

"Your father is here in Italy, your majesty. To my knowledge he is unaware of your title, according to Demetri, the king had invited Mr swan to the castle himself."

My eyes widened at his words, the certainty behind them. I had been blindsided by my own ignorance. Bella had told me herself that she saw pa looking at villas in Italy. I assumed that he was looking for a holiday home, but that idea was as idiotic as Caius was for conspiring with my dad behind my back.

The tapestries and hanging pictures told stories of battles and bloody wars. Vaulted ceilings hovered above me like a watchful guardian or a vengeful spirit. The air was now thick and heavy with a mixture of anticipation and anger. I didn't much like being kept out the loop that's why I had lohar inform me of anything and everything that fell under my control. It was up to me to keep the peace between not just the entire vampire world, but also between myself and the crown.

"What else is there? Let me guess... dads here to stay?"

My voice came out soft and calm as I gazed around the room, a sense of isolation washing over me at the prospect of having Charlie swan living in Italy. The heart of the vampire world and he's as human as they came. Mine and Bellas blood was so delectable because of him, it took all of my strength to resist the delectable liquid that pumped through his veins.
I do this because I love him, but I doubt there were many immortals that wouldn't take the chance of killing him. My emotions were conflicted, I wanted to see more of my family, to create memories before they pass, particularly with pa. He was my world however I couldn't bare it if he was hurt or killed because of me.

Lohar's eyes, though dark and penetrating held more secrets than the world could ever hope to conceal. I favoured what lie behind his eyes, that cunning and wise mind was capable of unravelling even the most intricate of webs.

"Yes, your grace. The king has given Mr and Mrs swan his old quarters. That would explain his sudden interest in those rooms, my queen."

He affirmed, draped in flowing robes of muted colours his attire was as understated as it was elegant. Each fold and crease in his garments appeared purposefully arranged, almost hinting at his attention to detail.

"Fuck...."

The profanity left my lips without a second thought, and I placed my hand on my chin staring into the flames of the fireplace as they crackled.

"Your father doesn't know of our world your grace. He claimed that the king had given him a tour of the castle telling him that it was passed down to him from his parents."

Lohar's voice, which was soft and melodic, carried a soothing quality that calmed my bubbling fury. Choosing his words carefully, each syllable was weighted with intention.

He may not possess the traditional qualities of a warrior, how his intellect and strategic mind make him a formidable force in the game of power and politics.

"My lord.... I give you the duty of protecting my father and his wife, inform every immortal including the royal guard that there shall not be a hair damaged on his head. By whatever means necessary ensure they come to no harm while they stay in Italy."

I told my advisor with a deepened purpose hidden behind my words. The last thing I wanted was for my dear old pa to be drained of all his blood or turned into a vampire like me. This life was not one to be taken willingly, aside from the laws, a vampire's existence stays afloat as long as they remain hidden from the mortal world.