CHAPTER FOURTEEN // What will be will be.

November first, 2007.

*rowen's gown'

*rowen's gown'

*lohar's robes*

*lohar's robes*

Rowen's pov.

The sound of my pen scratching against the paper echoed around my study, the emerald, green walls whispered secrets and tales of a forgotten past. The room was filled with the aroma of old books and dried herbs which transported me into a bygone era of magic and mysticism. It lingers like the touch of a lover, mingling with the soft fragrance of the fresh dahlias that Caius had brought me just this morning. Despite the few days I had in 'normal' clothing I was back to the image of the queen that everyone knew me as. My gown was adorned with armoured accents that showed my determination to succeed with shimmering silver and midnight blue fabrics that created a striking contrast against the silver embroidered accents, along with a high collar it had a shortened skirt that was cut off just above my ankles, which were covered by the black leather boots I wore.

We arrived back in Italy during the early hours of the day, the journey was silent almost, but there was a sense of worry that surrounded us, our plan, only sat heavier on my shoulders the more I thought about it.

I had my doubts, my suspicions that we would fail, though there was no room for failure I couldn't stop the growing feeling that took over my subconscious, once we move to usurp Aro's throne, we would become enemies to those who favoured him.

Granted he wasn't liked by many, but he was respected by most, that in itself gave him allies that would gladly give their lives to save his, Sulpicia being one of them.

He is her mate and I know that if the roles were reversed, I would die to ensure that Caius survives, proving that the mate bond is stronger than our free-will.

"My queen... what you suggest... it is forbidden."

Lohar stood before me, his piercing red eyes held a mixture of concern and affection as he spoke to me about my plans to confront aro.

Despite his oath to advise me without bias, he had become my closest friend and confidant, as I had become his.

"You need not worry about that, my lord, all I want from you is a promise."