Chapter IV: The Final Clue

I  investigate closer the engraved necklace, when I realize something. The B in the middle is ever so slightly larger than the D and E. This means that B is the initial of the last name, as monograms tend to be! I have to review my research, but first I walk around the building to relieve my nerves and clear my head. I decide to investigate further Hattie McClaren's room. When I peek underneath her bed, I discover something. Something very important and intriguing. Still clutching the new clue, I race out of Hattie's room and into Madame's office. I knock sharply, breathing heavily. I hear Madame order Jennie around from the other side of the door.

"Get the door, Jennie." she says angrily.

"Yes, ma'am." Jennie answers daintily.

"Madame, will you please call together everyone who is involved in this case?" I request. As I enter the room, Madame suddenly shifts to being quite polite and caring to Jennie.

"Yes, but why? Here, Jennie, please pour more tea- if you wouldn't mind." Madame says in a regal manner, still acting very refined.

"Yes, Madame." Jennie says in a monotone.

"I asked you a question Miss Liddel. Why?" Madame demands, quite rudely.

I pick up my cup of tea, and take a sip.

"Because I know who the murderer is,  Madame LeFoux."