Bonus Content #2

We at Worldwide News spoke with three grade school acquaintances of Angela Liddel; Lysander Bell, Helena St. George, and Ophelia Drake. 

Lysander Bell speaks fondly of Angela Liddel, explaining that she has always been rather quirky. As a child, she preferred to sit and read, or simply think. She politely declined to play, citing her desire to learn ten new things by the time the recess bell rang. When they were ten, she'd disappear during our recess hour, and they'd find her in the library reading a Sherlock Holmes book, or a Nancy Drew mystery. Puzzles always fascinated her beyond belief, and if you were stuck on any sort of problem, she had to find a solution. When they were younger, her habits where unusually odd, but now that they're older it's clear that she's quite gifted. He's known Angela since they were in kindergarten; they weren't especially close friends in Lysander's opinion, but Angela didn't have anyone else she talked to. She spends her entire lunch period in the library, reading whichever new mystery she'd found. She's always been quiet and reserved. Her brilliance is astounding that most of us can't even keep up with her thinking process. Lysander rather likes to spend time with Angela because she's always so kind, and she's a wonderful, loyal friend. She doesn't like to put on airs about her intelligence; she prefers to allow her brains to benefit everyone around her, too. Lysander expects she'll do quite well for herself and everyone else around her.

Helena St. George remembers Angela Liddel perhaps a little less fondly. Helena claims she does not enjoy the company of Angela Liddel. She speaks of Angela's competitive qualities, citing her desire to outdo everyone in games of wit and knowledge. Helena complains that it's not fair how Angela gets to go to a special school while everyone else was stuck with the boring subjects. Helena denies harboring jealousy of Angela, although in the tone Helena presents Angela, it's made evident that the girls have a history of being strong competitors academically. Helena is in all honors classes, and will begin taking university classes three years early, this fall. Angela declined commenting on the relationship between Miss St. George and herself. Helena grudgingly admits that she does indeed have a minuscule amount of admiration for Angela's recent success in solving two murders, one an infamous case that has baffled the FBI for nearly a decade. Miss St. George says that Angela is certainly worthy competition, and is dismayed to see her leave their school. 

Ophelia Drake presents Angela as her best friend, although they haven't been in touch lately, due to their busy schedules. Ophelia had been struggling in math in the eighth grade and requested a peer tutor. Miss Drake's teacher recommended Ms. Liddel to help her. The two became close friends, both preferring to study during their lunch hour, rather than socialize. Angela was ready to agree that Miss Drake and herself are quite close after spending many hours studying together. The girls regret being separated, but admit that they both know the other will be exceptional in the future.