CHAPTER 12 - ADAM VS. REKI

WORDS BETWEEN -  - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

The moment the lights turned green, Reki was off meanwhile Adam stood at the starting line, taking out a cigarette. 

Liting it, he took a puff and blew the smoke out. (F/N) was disgusted, not only by the scent but the way Adam acted, mocking Reki.

Miya looked at (F/N) and held her hand. Joe, seeing how the woman was looking, sent her a reassuring smile which was returned in a slightly lopsided smile. "You alright?" "Not the best but not the worst."

Cherry rubbed the female's back, knowing what she was thinking. 

"Did you know tobacco dislikes humidity? That's why I keep it in an airtight container. You need to do this to retain the flavor. Joe, you understand, right?" Adam turned to the green haired male.

"Yeah, how you plate your dish or the way you prepare it matters." "You might not be using delicious ingredients, but depending on how you prepare it and how much effort you put in, the dish might taste good." "Are you talking about Reki?"

(F/N) turned to Langa before looking back at Adam. "Who knows?" Taking another puff, the dark blue haired male continued. 

"What lovely flavor. You know, I don't get to smoke much at work but here, I'm free to do whatever I want!"

When Adam glanced at (F/N) and saw her scrunching her nose in distaste, he quickly put out the cigarette. In a swift movement, Adam grabbed his board and sprinted off down the hill before skating.

"So fast!" (F/N) was so nervous, she couldn't breathe. "Awesome!" "So this is Adam!" "He's too fast!" 

Everyone watched as Adam was able to catch up to Reki in a blink of an eye. Just then, Adam connected both his board and Reki's together.

Just before the redhead could fall, the older male grabbed his hand to pull him up. 

When a corner was up ahead, Reki started to panic but with Adam's moves, they were able to pass it in one swift move.

Adam then threw Reki to the ground on the next corner but before the redhead could touch the ground, Adam placed his hand down, sending sparks into his face. 

"Scary." "This is Adam." "He hasn't changed a bit. Still the same as last time."

Feeling her breaths becoming shallow, (F/N) tore her gaze from the screen and turned around. "He's going too far!" "Langa!" 

(F/N) tried to call out for the light blue haired boy but couldn't, only a small sound came out. Miya turned to the woman. "Mom..!"

Joe and Cherry turned to (F/N) and saw what was happening. Without any thought, Joe hugged her. 

"Listen to my heartbeat. Breath, match my heartbeat." (F/N) looked at Miya with a small smile. 

'I'm going to be fine.' She mouthed to the boy. "I know seeing him skate again is opening your wounds."

Hugging Joe tight, (F/N) spoke up. "Thank you, Kojiro." Backing up, the male smiled. "Of course, anytime." 

Cherry stood beside the green haired male and patted (F/N)'s head. "We're here for you." Remembering what was happening, (F/N) grabbed her skateboard.

"I'm following Langa-kun." "Wait!" "Mona..." She was gone before they could call her. "Her speed could still rival Adam's." 

"Her skills aren't just on par with his, her skills are better, remember?" "Yeah, she beat Adam back then." Miya's eyes widened. "Mom raced with Adam and won!?"