Prastavanā - Jyotsnāḍhya

Jyotsnāḍhya.

(Lit.) Which shines brightly even in darkness. Full of Light.

In the quiet depths of the forest, Sita found herself in her second exile. The trees whispered secrets, and the rustling leaves seemed to speak to her. Her heart was heavy with the weight of her circumstances. She sat on a rock, gazing at the sky, lost in her thoughts.

The first exile, when she had followed her beloved husband Rama into the forest, had been filled with uncertainty and fear. But this time, it was different. She was alone, separated from Rama, and far from her friends and family.

With her one hand resting on her pregnancy bump and one hand holding the royal decree. Tears were not talking any permission to exit her eyes, they had taken the total liberty.

This exile was her choice. She knew what the people of Awadha were talking about, what they were thinking about her, what they questioned upon her purity.

But still, she couldn't handle the bear thought of staying away from her husband. Fate had different plans, first the her abduction and her stay in Lanka for eleven months. And now, her second exile, all alone.

She was heavily pregnant, her emotions were not at all cooperating with her. She knew that must not take stress but she just couldn't help it. She had two other lives inside her. The Two Scions of the Raghuvamsha.

It wasn't long before Sita knew that she was in labour. The pain intensified with every passing second. Long time before, she once heard her mother, Sumitra talk about how painful it is to give birth to two children at once, complications were just a part of it. All Sita could hope was a peaceful delivery and good health of her children.

She accompained into the room by her mother-like figure in the Ashrama of Valmiki, Paavana.

Every single second was hurting her. It was like some ten swords came and stabbed her at once, she controlled, she tried not to whimper and succeeded in that.

Outside the hut, Valmiki stood there with a grin. He knew what fate was up to, what the two kids of Sita were destined.

Hours later, Paavana came out the hut, "Vandevi has given birth to two healthy boys."

Sita lovingly gazed at her two sons, they resembled their father in very way, she didn't mind that. Radiance, that's what anyone can say when they first see the twins. Their face had the radiance of the son and serenity of the moon.

The room was lit by the only source of light. The twilight seemed to her. The Twins were born in the BrahmaMurutha--one of the most auspicious timings.

"Welcome to the world, my lovely boys."