2 | Puṣpita

Puṣpita

(Lit.) Blossom. Blooming into a memorable one.

"Mata! Did you know that Shurpanakha was actually married before?" Sita hummed as her Kusha went stating out what Valmiki had taught them that day.

"That's the most craziest thing! I mean, who would want to marry her? She's awful! She literally fell in love with Raja Rama just because he was handsome! The way she body-shifted! Gosh!"

Sita turned to see her younger one, Lava ranting about the Asuras as he continued to sharpen the arrows. 

"I agree, Lava! She literally is digusting! Gurudeva's descriptions were very apt. 'She that demoness who is facially unpleasant one with that pleasant faced one, pot bellied one with the slim-waisted one, wry-eyed one with the broad-eyed one, coppery-haired one with the neatly tressed one, ugly featured one with the charming featured one, brassy voiced one with the gentle voiced one, deplorably oldish one with the youngish one, crooked talker with the pleasant talker, ill-mannered one with the well-mannered one, uncouth one with couth, abominable one with amiable' It's very apt"

"Indeed Kusha. Wait! You by-hearted the Sarga! You betrayed me!"

Sita sighed, her two sons had very different opinion about Shurpanakha. She went towards them, "Lava, Kusha. My dear boys. Let me tell you one thing. It's not about the way one looks, it is about the inner-thoughts and feelings. What Shurpanakha had for Raja Rama was pure lust. Nothing more. Besides, I'm sure that Raja Rama doesn't really care about looks."

Lava and Kusha stared at each-other and broke into fits of laughter. "Mata! He literally married the most beautiful maiden in the world. Devi Sita! The Irony!"

Sita giggled along with them, "Have you seen Devi Sita? How are you so confident that she looks beautiful?"

"Mata, Gurudeva himself described Devi Sita! The descriptions make us feel that she is surreal. Besides, you know her birth is such an divine event!"

Sita nodded her head. Lava and Kusha didn't know that there mother was Sita, infact, everyday after their Ramayana lesson, the seven year olds would jump into Sita's laps and recite the topics which they have learnt.

Sita never really knew how to feel about her. Her sons were learning about her husband's life story.

"Besides, the entire Awadha royal family is something. Harishachandra, Bhagiratha and now Raja Rama! Divinity runs in them!" Lava stated while Kusha nodded his head in agreement. 

"Divinity is the way one behaves and what type of values he has-"

"Mata! You should plan on teaching philosophy! Besides, I heard Gurudeva say that Rajakumara Lakshmana and Rajakumari Urmila have welcomed their first child this week! He is named...as..Ah! Angada!"

"Isn't it crazy,Kusha, that Sugriva's nephew's name's is also Angada? So poetic!"

"Also Mata, how do you answer our weird questions? It's like as if you were there.. You literally know everything!"

Sita sighed in disbelief as she went outside the hut to prepare their dinner. The half-waxed shone lightly over the grounds of the Ashrama. Few others have also come to cook their dinner. Passing them a smile, Sita sat on the ground and began her work.

Minutes later, she felt the presence of her sons beside her. "Mata, anything we can help? We already completed our Grihakarya given by Gurudeva"

Sita smiled at her sons, "Can Lava peel this for me? And can Kusha mash this?" She questioned. The Twins, readily took the utensils from Sita and began working on their own work.

Kusha successfully mashed the vegetable, but ended up taking few bites, not his fault, the mashed mixture was looking beautiful. Lava peeled the vegetable and being bored person he cook, he starting peeling the small parts, so that the inside part is only visible.

"Thank you soo much, my boys!"

Lava and Kusha passed her a smiled, as she began turning on the fire. Lava added more firewood to the fire to keep it burning whereas Kusha made sure that the rice was being perfectly cooked. 

Sita, and her boys often spent their evenings cooking together. Sita made sure that her boys knew how to cook. She wanted her boys to be raised in both the ways. She was teaching them how to cook, how to sew their clothes, how to do laundry etc etc.

And Sita knew, her boys were blooming in the correct direction. The direction she and Rama wanted to groom their kids into.